Page 236 of 375 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why?
    I can’t speak for the OP of that pic

But I can say the vintage rolex experience is a sweet and savory life - until it isn’t.

At some point , for me at least, the wine turns to vinegar.

Vintage stuff carries someone else’s stories and I’m just not very interested in that at this point.

I am killing time by re-reading much of this threat and noticed that I've never posted the watch that started it all for me. My wife bought this watch from a local jeweler over 20 years ago. It was as an engagement present and she had the back engraved. Neither of us knew anything about watches. She just knew that I always wore one (typically a Timex Ironman) and that I didn't have anything dressy. She liked the way this one looked, and that's all she new about it. And she has good taste! It is a cool looking watch. There are lot of details you notice as you look closer: multiple textures on the dial, slightly chamfered hands, blue numbers on the minute track, etc. She had no idea what a monster her gift would create down the road. It is what got me learning about watches and eventually spending a bunch of our money on them. Other than the atomic/solar G-shock that I wore on duty and passed on to my oldest son, this is the only quartz watch I own.

It is an 8F32-0011 - one of Seiko's high accuracy, non-thermocompensated quartz movements. It has a perpetual calendar, a ten-year battery, and keeps within +/- 20 seconds per year (the thermocompensated 9F movements keep +/- 10 seconds per year). I wore it daily for over 15 years, and it shows. I even wore it on duty for a while before I started worrying about losing it. It just got it back from Seiko for a battery change and service. I shouldn't have to change the battery or set the date for another 10 years.

Name:  IMG_0343.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  96.4 KB

Yesterday, I get a phone call from my AD and she says:"I have good news and bad news"

The bad news: I'll have to wait a couple of quarters for a particular model and they're refunding my deposit.

The good news:

Name:  IMG_4323.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  49.4 KB

Ref#124060.

It's a classic that's always been kind of a grail for me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Name:  BFC06EFE-3DED-4F2D-A465-24657EF37881.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  49.2 KB

Tudor Black Bay GMT with the leather strap. I was always a steel bracelet or bust purist, but the leather has won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

Tudor Black Bay GMT with the leather strap. I was always a steel bracelet or bust purist, but the leather has won me over.
    I really wanna like that so much more, such a great watch, just can't pull the trigger. Looks great on leather.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

That's hawt. It looks great on leather or a bracelet.

I want to like it more, too. I'd love to see the same watch in a BB58 form factor. Damn my child-sized wrists.

As you listen to the F.O. brief the leg . . .
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    As you listen to the F.O. brief the leg . . .
    You know it!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜

You know it!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜
    Of course, I’m an FO, so my briefs are vague, wandering, and boring.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Of course, I’m an FO, so my briefs are vague, wandering, and boring.
    Bottom Captain here.......could be an F/O again soon depending on the recovery.

User Tag List