Page 20 of 377 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Harold Yokobies custom Seiko Tuna.

DSC_8346 by Willowofwisp, on Flickr

DSC_8375 by Willowofwisp, on Flickr
    Chemist.

Site Supporter
    To me, there are few watches as cool as a Tuna. I love my SBBN007.
    But I have to admit, a Tuna worked over by Yokobies on a Isofane is even cooler. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Spend some time watching http://www.watchrecon.com and searching Resco for a while if you're interested in finding one. I saw one go a few weeks back for something like $650 or so. But I've seen several in the $750-900 range.

I like the Resco's (I like the look of the Gen2 even more!).

Not mine, but I saw it the other day listed for sale and lusted after it. Pretty awesome looking watch. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the U1's, but in this "look" I think it's pretty awesome.

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=561112&rid=0

Two of my favorite Germans

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Not mine, but I saw it the other day listed for sale and lusted after it. Pretty awesome looking watch. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the U1's, but in this "look" I think it's pretty awesome.

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=561112&rid=0
    Awesome watch. Actually, the 'stealth' U1 was the first Sinn I saw that got me interested in the brand. Then I found that they were impossible to find and purchased a standard U1.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

My sweet timex iron man just died.

Say you don't want to spend more than $300, but want something nice.

What, oh watch gods of PFc, would you choose.

Light weight is a very high priority.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Say you don't want to spend more than $300, but want something nice.
    That's like saying "I want a nice car for $3,000."

What kind of watch are you looking for: quartz, or mechanical; digital or analog?
    What features other than "tell me what time it is" do you want, if any?
    Is it going to be your only watch or do you have others for specific needs (physical activity, suit and tie, etc.)?

Also: if your Ironman worked well for you, why not just get another?

Light weight is a very high priority.
    Define "light" and explain what experience you have with heavier watches that make you feel this way.

do keep in mind I know nothing about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

if your Ironman worked well for you, why not just get another?
    I very may well just get the battery replaced for the super cheap. just curious at whats out there. I do appreciate the finer things in life, to an extent.

What kind of watch are you looking for: quartz, or mechanical; digital or analog?
    I am assuming quartz, as mechanical sounds like it would be way more than I want to spend? also, I want it to be as maintenance-free as possible. analog or digital, no strong preference actually. I reckon I just need to see options.

What features other than "tell me what time it is" do you want, if any?
    none.

Is it going to be your only watch or do you have others for specific needs (physical activity, suit and tie, etc.)?
    only watch. But I will generally wear anything with...anything. I mean I wore the timex pretty much all the time. Definitely not looking for a flashy, shiny watch.

Define "light" and explain what experience you have with heavier watches that make you feel this way.
    I just broke out the scale.

my dead timex is 1.5 ounces, or 43 grams. keep in mind I have little to compare to. it seems very light and I love that about it.

I also have a swiss army (by victorinox) watch. interestingly, its battery also died around a month ago. It was a gift. edit: here it is - http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swi...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

It is a sharp looking piece, very clean and simple, and I dig that. but, it is 2.86 ounces or 81 grams. so nearly twice as heavy. I find it miserable. constantly falling down my wrist.

I do like the size of the face. apparently the Round Case Diameter is 39 mm. it is perhaps a bit too thick, I think I'd like something thinner.

I really think I just need to see a bunch of options in that price range. if nothing really gets me excited, I imagine I'll just use something similar to what I've been using and not feel bad about it.
    Last edited by fuse; 07-22-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List