Page 301 of 366 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Duke

Great eye. Somebody bough that piece right for cash and never worn it.

11.2 for a 7.1 k watch (7100 MSRP in 2013.) It even has the "suggest a price tab" which leads me to believe it could be yours for 10,999.

In this market is solid value.

A quick look over at Bob's watches further demonstrates the "value" of this piece.

I would bet a 9.99 bbq lunch plate that it goes before Midnight Eastern tonight.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Least expensive box and papers 114060 no date sub on Chrono24

Unworn

If this is your grail piece - $11k that you can buy now is better than $8k at the AD that won’t sell it to you.

https://chrono24.app/rolex/2013-pape...US&SETCURR=USD
    I won't be ready to make a purchase like that for a little while. The thing I want to sort of commemorate is about 10 months out, and I frankly need to do some saving/financial planning to be able to afford one.

Seriously hope to find something like that when I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I won't be ready to make a purchase like that for a little while. The thing I want to sort of commemorate is about 10 months out, and I frankly need to do some saving/financial planning to be able to afford one.

Seriously hope to find something like that when I'm ready.
    I know a guy who had ownership of an aircraft as motivation to finally acquire his pilot cert.

He put it off for years saying it wasn't the right time, money better used elsewhere in the business etc. Finally he just bought the airplane tying up enough cash in it that he had no choice but to complete all the requisite training.

He now has 3 aircraft including an extremely nice new Piper Turboprop. Without the self imposed obligation to succeed, he wouldn't have.

I'm not telling you to buy a luxury watch on credit or with money better used elsewhere. I am saying that putting yourself in a place where the watch is in a safe unopened for 10 months is a solid motivator to finish the task.

I want a Batman and polar Explorer II. Unfortunately two of the most popular steel models.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I want a Batman and polar Explorer II. Unfortunately two of the most popular steel models.
    I've always kinda wanted a Polar Explorer, but the new titanium Evolution 9 Grand Seiko GMT has me rethinking it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've always kinda wanted a Polar Explorer, but the new titanium Evolution 9 Grand Seiko GMT has me rethinking it.
    Name:  3CF9E026-986D-4FF1-948B-09E398162A16.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  40.7 KB

Like this one!!?

Here’s an open warranty card polar. I’ve dealt with this seller before. Good people.

There are less costly option on this piece but the open card is pretty cool.

https://chrono24.app/rolex/rolex-exp...US&SETCURR=USD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Here’s an open warranty card polar. I’ve dealt with this seller before. Good people.

There are less costly option on this piece but the open card is pretty cool.

https://chrono24.app/rolex/rolex-exp...US&SETCURR=USD
    The card is a nice touch, but no way I'd pay 40% over the retail of the new model with the updated movement for a four year old watch. I understand the current market, I'm just not that guy.

The card is a nice touch, but no way I'd pay 40% over the retail of the new model with the updated movement for a four year old watch. I understand the current market, I'm just not that guy.
    I get it. But it doesn’t matter what the new model/new movement sells for….because the AD is only selling to certain folks.

I welcome the verbal flogging for passing on a the new one when offered (though it was black not polar) . 42mm is a dinner plate on my wrist

2018 216570s are in 11ks, box and papers.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post

Like this one!!?
    PE2 is a grail but I’m on a Chris Ward Anthropocene GMT budget…

ETT: for those of you with a GovX account, Arnie’s are 40% off. Please buy one before I do.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 08-15-2022 at 08:41 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List