Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Is that a DateJust on your wrist?

If so, nice!

If not so, still nice!
    It’s a mark 2 dial explorer. 214270 reference number

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It’s a mark 2 dial explorer. 214270 reference number
    Very Nice.

I have been wondering about that one vs the II #216570.

The second time zone can be practical for me and I like the bigger size but the bezel is so-so.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Very Nice.

I have been wondering about that one vs the II #216570.

The second time zone can be practical for me and I like the bigger size but the bezel is so-so.
    I’ve got midget wrists so I went pre super case for the explorer 2....I didn’t love it and didn’t keep it long

The prices on the 42mm Version are pretty silly right now - so unless you love it id wait until they deflated a bit.

Name:  16C252D0-3B97-4A1D-AEBB-6120CE93C611.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  40.9 KB

Turns out, you can classy up a Glock ... though only a little.

Name:  IMG_3274.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  61.1 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

So far so nice for a 40mm watch, which is smaller than I'm used to. Crown spring, etc feels nice after setting it to EST after it being on PST.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

And one more with the bear looking background.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

116234 with a super jubilee

Nice departure from Sports pieces for the moment

Name:  644C5BF7-D633-44C3-A38A-4ABABFA601FD.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  62.5 KB

Got a new watch for my Birthday. I really like the fact that I don't have to replace batteries every 2 years and it's surprisingly light.

Site Supporter
    I just cased the movement, but still need to trim the stem and attach it to the crown.

It started out life as a Seiko SNK805 I got dirt cheap off of Amazon a couple years ago. I didn't like the face or strap, but love automatic watches and liked the size (37mm). Shortly after I got it, I replaced the crystal with a domed sapphire. Next was a new strap (and it has seen several different ones since). Next up was a new dial and hands, making it vaguely Sinn'ish. I wore it that way for a while, but decided I didn't like the look. Also, it had a problem with random stops. It would be working fine, then I'd look down at it and notice it had stopped at some point. A tap on the crystal would set it going again. I figure I damaged it when replacing the dial and hands. Sometimes it would go days or weeks without an issue, other days it would stop multiple times a day. Meh. OK, I always wanted a hand-winding and hacking movement, so I found an NH35 movement on eBay and snapped it up. In the meantime, my favorite watch parts vendor, AjuiceT.com, released a couple new dials. I impulse purchased a dark blue sunburst dial to use with the SNK805's original hands. Just after I received my new dial, he put another one on his site that I liked even more, a mint green version. So, I ordered it.

That is the one I installed. I like the unique look and how nobody else will have one like it. It has good lume and a nice clean look. Unfortunately I managed to scratch the 31sec hash. Had I not installed the hands already, I would remove all of them for a cleaner look. Maybe some other day...

It has been running on my desk in a movement holder with just a few turns of the stem to hand-wind it daily. During that time, about a week, it seemed to keep accurate time. I have high hopes for this one.

The straps are Barton QR Canvas in grey. They're very comfortable and easy to switch out. I have two sets for my SKX009.

Behold my creation's crappy picture!

Name:  watch.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  30.9 KB

Chris

Did a little trading and ended up with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List