Page 246 of 375 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Beautiful Reverso. I’m a yuge JLC fan!

I was all hot to trot to order a Sinn U-50 before the price increase, but I decided to wait until they offer a blue dial variant. A bargain is only good when it’s what you want.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Talk to me about Sinn, please.

I currently have quite a few Seiko divers, mostly Monsters of various types but also a few others. I think I want to order a Sinn and sell off a few of my Seikos.

This will either be a U1 or a U50. I’m a little concerned a U1 will be too big. Does anyone have a U1 or U50 and a Monster that can offer an opinion about the comparison?

Is a Tegimented watch worth it? I will be getting one on a bracelet, does the Tegimented finish help keep the bracelet cleaner?

Is Watchbuys the place for Sinn, or are other dealers recommended?
    I realize this is an old post and you said you’d wait for a blue U50, but I just caught up on this thread. I was gifted a U50 about a year ago and absolutely love it. I wear it more than anything else. I’m also a Seiko Monster fan and happen to have posted some side-by-side pictures for relative size info upthread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1110958. I always wanted a U1, but didn’t feel comfortable with the size on my 7” wrist. A Monster is the upper limit of what I enjoy wearing. The U50 is the perfect size for an all-around watch.

If I were spending my own money, I’d opt for the tegimented model. That said, my non-tegimented version is in great shape after a year of almost daily wear. The clasp is the only part that gives it away as a well-loved watch, and I’m not mad about the character the scratched clasp gives.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I realize this is an old post and you said you’d wait for a blue U50, but I just caught up on this thread. I was gifted a U50 about a year ago and absolutely love it. I wear it more than anything else. I’m also a Seiko Monster fan and happen to have posted some side-by-side pictures for relative size info upthread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1110958. I always wanted a U1, but didn’t feel comfortable with the size on my 7” wrist. A Monster is the upper limit of what I enjoy wearing. The U50 is the perfect size for an all-around watch.

If I were spending my own money, I’d opt for the tegimented model. That said, my non-tegimented version is in great shape after a year of almost daily wear. The clasp is the only part that gives it away as a well-loved watch, and I’m not mad about the character the scratched clasp gives.

Thank you! Your photos were one of the main reasons I decided to concentrate the search on a U-50. I’m sure Sinn will do blue dials at some point. I’m leaning hard to a tegimented version.

I’m afraid to think too much about it or I’ll talk myself into a black dial…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Scored some ammo on Speedy Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Scored some ammo on Speedy Tuesday

If the modern submariner isn’t the worlds most well rounded and useable wrist watch - then the manual wind speedmaster is…..

This is my first automatic. My wife gave it to me for my 40th birthday last year. Keeps great time - about 1 second fast per day.

Picked up a new Seiko, an SRPG13, aka "The Land Tortoise." I'm really liking it; it's a bit smaller, lighter, and thinner than the "Turtle" series of dive watches that share a similar case design.

Site Supporter
    Name:  0CB65630-761D-4138-9A34-A7D8BF663CFB.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  41.7 KB

Another Pacific crossing with the Tudor GMT. Nine months in and no problems with the watch. My only changes would be a ceramic bezel with more positive clicks. That’s an improvement that Tudor should make.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Name:  0CB65630-761D-4138-9A34-A7D8BF663CFB.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  41.7 KB

Another Pacific crossing with the Tudor GMT. Nine months in and no problems with the watch. My only changes would be a ceramic bezel with more positive clicks. That’s an improvement that Tudor should make.
    I have the same watch, but I stopped flying with it. The Garmin seemed more appropriate and I care less about it.

I think the bezel adds a good vintage feel.

Name:  1B063AC5-155D-40A4-959C-7EF953A72F0E.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  45.0 KB

User Tag List