Page 120 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    New watch:
    Attachment 10297
    It's only a Seiko*, but at least it's in the correct colors. Black w/orange strip Zulu strap on order.

*Or so Tom might say...
    Good thing I got that new watch, just got off the phone with the Seiko Service Center, the 7a28 I sent them for cleaning meeds a complete overhaul and it will be "as good as new"... in 6 to 8 weeks.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    That is one of the nicest looking watches I have ever seen. Swoon.
    Wow, agreed. That almost derailed my plans to buy a Lum-tec, until I saw the price

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    In need another watch like a hole in the head, but I REALLY love these 24hr LumTec's

I figure this is as good a place to leave this fun read on wristwatch history without cluttering P-F with a new "subforum formerly known as romper room" thread:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/0...tory-wear-one/

"The first instances of the use of these improvised wristwatches are said to have occurred among British soldiers fighting in the Burma and Boer Wars in the late 19th century. Called “wristlets,” these leather straps had a cup to hold their pocket watch. By the 1890s, a few companies started manufacturing leather wristlets for soldiers and even made improvements to them, like adding a compass on the strap for navigation...

...I found myself getting annoyed at having to pull my smartphone out of my pocket whenever I wanted to know the time. I had unwittingly traveled back over a hundred years, burdening myself with the same inconvenience soldiers had discovered during the Burma War; in everything else my smartphone was light years ahead of anything from the early 1900s, but as a timepiece, it was essentially an old fashioned pocket watch."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My Sinn 856

Way more money for a watch than I'll ever spend, but damn....the simple, bold forms of this timepiece whisper & beckon to me.

I like the slightly larger case and the Sinn technology incorporated into the 856 better, but if you like the face and want something a little more affordable, you might want to check out the Sinn 556 A.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Sinn watches (and many others) regularly pop up for sale in near-new condition, sometimes still under warranty, for substantial discounts on http://forums.watchuseek.com/forum.php#/forumsite/20758. You can use Watch Recon to send you alerts when any brand or model gets listed on several forums: http://www.watchrecon.com/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Since I didn't win one, I bought one

Fricking watchrecon about did in my finances when I first found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Fricking watchrecon about did in my finances when I first found it.
    Indeed. This forum (Pistol-forum, where I also learned of watchuseek and watch recon) has used up pretty much all of my discretionary income for the last several years. Just trying to repay the favor. [emoji12]

User Tag List