Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: An argument for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    1) Seattle hipsters like .22 LR for self-defense?
    2) Stocking up on sub-sonic .22 for the suppressed 10/22s we can now shoot legally? (Really getting tired of marauding raccoons, and we've spotted coyotes in the neighborhood.)
    1. Beats the heck outa me!

2. Most coyotes in the Seattle metro area are likely to be found in area singles bars...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    1. Beats the heck outa me!

2. Most coyotes in the Seattle metro area are likely to be found in area singles bars...

Best, Jon
    Last one seen in my neighborhood was heading in your direction...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm seeing more .40, .38 Special, and .45 ACP in the Seattle Metro area than 9mm AND .22. I have no earthly idea why .22 is being hoarded by the panicistas, other than Jim Billy Bob going shopping for 9 mil, finding none, then saying "Hold my beer while I load up the cart on .22 for mah mall ninja tactical .22."

Ok, so I'm mixing paraphrases, cultures, and demographics, but work with me...

Best, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    1) Seattle hipsters like .22 LR for self-defense?
    2) Stocking up on sub-sonic .22 for the suppressed 10/22s we can now shoot legally? (Really getting tired of marauding raccoons, and we've spotted coyotes in the neighborhood.)
    Shortage of .22 seems to be everywhere.

Except my garage. I hoard .22LR when I can find it at reasonable prices.

To the tune of about 40k right now.

Why?

Because @ 1400 RPM it goes quick!!

This thread has made me start practicing with my p220 because all I can seem to find is 45acp in my neck of the woods.

Funny thing is two weeks ago, I found 9mm practice ammo in another part of Montana, and bought 10,000 rounds. This afternoon, I was looking at the 1,000 round cases I bought, and saw they gave me one case of .45 by mistake. I was not pleased.

I guess im not looking hard enough then. I wish I had that much ammo, I would be in hog heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post

Because @ 1400 RPM it goes quick!!
    Holy shit I haven't seen one of those in years! My gun nut neighbor had one back in the early 80s. Serious fun!

sights

my old 228 has dead night sights,I like to hear and see some night sight recommendations.

Heinie, Trijicon HD, Warren rear with a factory or Dawson front, Sig factory night sights.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    The Warren rears are about .03 taller than the #8 factory Sig rear. If you like your POI to be at the top of the post, this can help remedy the stock "behind the dot" point of impact Sigs come with these days. FWIW, I'm also running Heine's currently. My sample of a couple sets also print at the top the post at 20 yards.

G,

What width rear are you running?

t
    It has the "V" style Ashley rear sight(the one that belongs on a dangerous game rifle). In its current configuration it's unshootable.

User Tag List