Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nice.

Is MARS still working on BHPs?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Hopefully he’s working on a 1983 series 70.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    After lusting over the Hi Power since I was a teen in the early-mid 80's, I finally bought one.

Stopped by an LGS this afternoon after a wasted trip to the gun show ($1/round 9mm ammo and guns at true market value +50%) and saw this gem under the glass.

The guy claimed that it belonged to the shop's owner (who recently pulled several personal guns out of his safe to put up for sale), and was unfired. The wear, or lack thereof, on the frame rails, etc. leads me to believe it's true...although it's obviously been gone over as the magazine disconnect is gone and it has a nice, smooth 3 lb. trigger. Not knowing anything about the HP's, I came home and began my internet education...and after reading about the "click test", I was happy to find that it passed.

Price was $399...my only gauge was the HP's I saw at the show and a few at other LGS's. The cheapest Browning was a rough example that appeared to have been spray painted silver over the bluing for $850, and an FEG at another shop that was well used for $375.

I don't plan to do any work to it, as it won't be a carry gun...it'll be just for those times when I want to put the plastic striker guns down for a minute and remember what wood and blue steel feel like.

That’s a steal. I’ve been very pleased with the fruit of my P35 investments.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    After lusting over the Hi Power since I was a teen in the early-mid 80's, I finally bought one.

Stopped by an LGS this afternoon after a wasted trip to the gun show ($1/round 9mm ammo and guns at true market value +50%) and saw this gem under the glass.

The guy claimed that it belonged to the shop's owner (who recently pulled several personal guns out of his safe to put up for sale), and was unfired. The wear, or lack thereof, on the frame rails, etc. leads me to believe it's true...although it's obviously been gone over as the magazine disconnect is gone and it has a nice, smooth 3 lb. trigger. Not knowing anything about the HP's, I came home and began my internet education...and after reading about the "click test", I was happy to find that it passed.

Price was $399...my only gauge was the HP's I saw at the show and a few at other LGS's. The cheapest Browning was a rough example that appeared to have been spray painted silver over the bluing for $850, and an FEG at another shop that was well used for $375.

I don't plan to do any work to it, as it won't be a carry gun...it'll be just for those times when I want to put the plastic striker guns down for a minute and remember what wood and blue steel feel like.

I had one of those guns. They run very well, and most will accept HP parts.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Just received my High Power yesterday from Gun Broker. Hopefully I'll get to the range today. I received it with the wood grips, and installed the Black VZ Diamond Slim Grips and removed the magazine disconnect. That brought the trigger pull from 7.1 lbs. average to a 5 lbs. average with the stock parts. It's a 1994 manufacture MK3. I have spring upgrade kits coming from BH Spring Solutions. I don't think it's had a full magazine put through it. The finish is factory Hard Chrome and yes it came with the Gold Trigger. I think it adds a bit of class.

Attachment 66846 Attachment 66847
    I received my Hi Power Slide from Novak's today. I had them cut the sight dovetails for their sights, then bead blast and blue. They did a fantastic job. I added the strong side only Cylinder and Slide Safety and Hogue Pau Ferro grip panels. I'm very pleased with the pistol. Classy and Retro with the two tone finish.
    Name:  Completed Hi Power.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  102.0 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Bluing is a hard for me to get a good picture of, but my 1967 T Series came home this week. There are some small scratches at the muzzle but overall it’s in fine shape. Still debating, but I’m thinking I’ll leave it stock.

Work...work...work...

Name:  IMG_20210704_160809839[1].jpg
Views: 446
Size:  36.2 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Work...work...work...

Name:  IMG_20210704_160809839[1].jpg
Views: 446
Size:  36.2 KB
    That's pretty slick that you can rock your hi-power as a duty weapon.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

The Hi-Power always reminds me of one of my all-time favorite cop movies:

imfdb.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Cop_(1984)#Browning_Hi-Power
    Last edited by P30; 07-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    The Hi-Power always reminds me of one of my all-time favorite cop movies:

imfdb.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Cop_(1984)#Browning_Hi-Power
    BHC is a great movie! But seeing that photo is the first time I've noticed that Eddie Murphy must not know much about his pistol. The hammer is down, which is good since his his thumb would get severely lacerated if the gun went off. The trigger finger is pretty much to be expected. It actually serves as a decent training poster for what not to do.

User Tag List