Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this make me a bad person?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Does this make me a bad person?

Normally, my tastes in firearms run in only two directions: Practical, or collectible. If a gun isn't one that I have an actual use for, or isn't a bona fide blue-chip appreciating antique, my eyes kinds glaze over.

But this right here, this hits me right in my gun nerd wheelhouse. It has absolutely no practical use whatsoever, but I want it as badly as any dumb gun I've seen since the first time I laid eyes on those .22LR StG-44 clones...

EDIT: OH GOD SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-08-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

The shotgun is VERY practical. AS long as you ride some sort of motorcylce in an end of the world/Road Warrior scenario. You must be prepared for everything and anything!! Look how useful it was for Mel Gibson.
    Last edited by Ga Shooter; 02-08-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: can't type or spell

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    The shotgun is VERY practical. AS long as you ride some sort of motorcylce in an end of the world/Road Warrior scenario. You must be prepared for everything and anything!! Look how useful it was for Mel Gibson.
    Vice President Joe Biden agrees, easier to use than assault weapons duh ;-)

to op: Plenty of people collect guns, nothing wrong with it. It's a tool for me so I'd rather have a modern more efficent weapon system. Look at people who collect classic cars

Quote Originally Posted by JRas View Post
    It's a tool for me so I'd rather have a modern more efficent weapon system. Look at people who collect classic cars
    Yup. They don't even have daily drivers; they just take their Model T's to work...

Dude, just because somebody has a collection of classic tools doesn't mean that they don't have tools they use, too. (Although I'd never call the M&P on my hip a 'weapon system' for fear I'd sound a total dork. )

Site Supporter
    That shotgun makes my hand hurt just looking at it..
    But I sure do like it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Does this make me a bad person?

Not necessarily a "bad" person but an unsafe one. Both firearms are capable of holding more than two rounds. Tactical Joe says more than that and you're not as safe.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

That's cool and all, but... Chiappa. Might as well buy a Taurus with 100K rounds through it.

Now, if you want to get into stupid yet awesome impractical guns... http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sche...ter-kombo.html

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That's cool and all, but... Chiappa. Might as well buy a Taurus with 100K rounds through it.

Now, if you want to get into stupid yet awesome impractical guns... http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sche...ter-kombo.html
    The Eye-talian firearms industry is pretty incestuous. Odds are good that the historical replicas peddled in the U.S. under the Chiappa name are Pedersolis themselves.

Besides, what's the worst that happens if it malfs? The soda cans will overrun my position?

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I was thinking the same. Shooting lizards off rocks and hand grenading bunnies. "You get me a baby Hi!".

A redhead Zoe......yeah, I think it could work.
    #RESIST

User Tag List