Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my S&W M&P 10 308

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Open a free account at something like Photobucket, to host your pictures, and be able to direct link them on forums, and other internet locations without bogging down the owner's servers, etc.
    Thanks, I will try that when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Several of our guys have bought them (probably from the same shop).

I was tempted, very tempted.
    What is the street price round'about?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What is the street price round'about?
    I am told the OR version retails for $1650. I was also told that the LE individual officer price for the OR version is about $1150. The LE OR version may be the only version shipping at this time. I was also told the Magpul version with Troy BUIS is about $200+ more than the OR version. I have no idea about the street price. I just wish I coud find some MagPul PMAG 20 LR 308 magazines.

Open a free account at something like Photobucket, to host your pictures, and be able to direct link them on forums, and other internet locations without bogging down the owner's servers, etc.
    http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps57f60193.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...psefbdb5f4.jpg

I hope these links work.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I am not much into match grade ammo, I go mostly for ammo that is accurate enough and has good terminal ballistics.
    In .308, accurate and hammer ballistics go together pretty well.

I still have a handful of Federal Gold Medal Match that I recently found. As well as some 175 grain SMK OTM loaded by Black Hills.

If you have 1:10 twist barrel, it will really like the 168's and 175's.

Let me know where I can ship a few boxes to, and I will get some out when I get off of this trip.

I sent you a PM.
    In .308, accurate and hammer ballistics go together pretty well.

I still have a handful of Federal Gold Medal Match that I recently found. As well as some 175 grain SMK OTM loaded by Black Hills.

If you have 1:10 twist barrel, it will really like the 168's and 175's.

Let me know where I can ship a few boxes to, and I will get some out when I get off of this trip.

Nice rifle, LC.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I was 6 feet away from one at my range...could not touch as they were marked for LEO sale only which I think is BS. Good for ONE, Good for ALL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    I was 6 feet away from one at my range...could not touch as they were marked for LEO sale only which I think is BS. Good for ONE, Good for ALL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I think the only difference between the OR LE model and the other one is the size of the magazine. The LE guy can probably get a better deal from his LE distributor than a non LE guy can get on the street.

Fired the M&P 10 26 times today out of the PMAG 308 20 LR. I loaded it 3-5 rounds at a time, no malfunctions. It shot it with a Leupold Prismatic, all I have at the monent. I will mount a 3x9 or 4x16 late next week when I get the mounts. I shot 1 3/4" 3 shot groups at 100 yds with a 1X scope with a dot that is probably 3 MOA or larger. Also did I mention each shot hurt like hell.

For one who is used to a DDM4V7lw, the recoil is huge. I recently had to switch from left shoulder to right shoulder because of eye trouble. Had surgery on the right shoulder about 40 years ago, left a hole with no padding where the buttstock meets the shoulder. No issues with the 5.56, hurts like hell with the 308/150. I plan to get the .7" recoil pad for the Magpul ACS buttstock. I am sure a heavier scope will help mitigate recoil. I also "must" get a muzzle brake, if I am to continue down this path. Anyone have any suggestions? Please help. Thanks in advance.

User Tag List