Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Great Big Glock Whine

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

A Great Big Glock Whine

I had totally forgotten how user-hostile the standard factory Glock mag release was.

Had the G19 out and was running rounds through it and... dang... I had to roll that thing around in my hand and poke the crap out of it seriously and deliberately to get the mag to drop cleanly.

Should I mess with some of the "tactical" releases, or can I just go to a 17L/34 release without worrying about my heater spitting its mag out every time I holster up?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I had totally forgotten how user-hostile the standard factory Glock mag release was.

Had the G19 out and was running rounds through it and... dang... I had to roll that thing around in my hand and poke the crap out of it seriously and deliberately to get the mag to drop cleanly.

Should I mess with some of the "tactical" releases, or can I just go to a 17L/34 release without worrying about my heater spitting its mag out every time I holster up?
    I've installed the Tango Down mag release in all of my Glocks and recommend them without reservation.

I'm a big fan of the Vickers \ Tango Down Glock mag release as well. It's that third bowl of porridge. Not too short, not too long - just right. The factory extended one is just too long, and led to some magazines dribbling out as you mentioned.

My usual EDC is a G19 with the Vickers. I also like the slide stop\ slide release they make.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Vickers \ Tango Down Glock mag release as well. It's that third bowl of porridge. Not too short, not too long - just right. The factory extended one is just too long, and led to some magazines dribbling out as you mentioned.

My usual EDC is a G19 with the Vickers. I also like the slide stop\ slide release they make.
    +1 I think this one is the best balance among them. But I note DocGKR prefers to dremel the Glock OEM extended to taste. That sounds pretty good too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Shoot your tacticool M&P and forget the Glock? lol. I have to roll the Glock in my hand to reach my stock catch but I also measure my reload time on a sundial. I have very limited experience but I thought the stock catch on the gen 4 was WAY better, which may have been due to the shorter reach with the thinner grip front to back.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

^ +1 to both the Slide/Mag Catch/Release made by Vickers Tactical / Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    But I note DocGKR prefers to dremel the Glock OEM extended to taste.
    Me + Dremel = Regret.

Dremel+lone wolf round mag catch=awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Dremel+lone wolf round mag catch=awesome
    Dude, when Brownells asked "What is your most commonly used gunsmithing tool?" my answer was "Money."

I fixed my stock G26 release by replacing it with an HK
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List