Thread: Rossi 462/ 357

Rossi 462/ 357

Will 38,s shoot lower out of a 357 or is it just me ...shooting 3-4 inches low

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by kbw63 View Post
    All things being equal, and assuming you're shooting at, like, regular pistol ranges and not busting dirt clods at a hundred yards, the slower bullet will generally print higher out of a handgun. (The gun has more time to move under recoil while the projectile is still in the barrel.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    All things being equal, and assuming you're shooting at, like, regular pistol ranges and not busting dirt clods at a hundred yards, the slower bullet will generally print higher out of a handgun. (The gun has more time to move under recoil while the projectile is still in the barrel.)
    I was shooting at 7 yds and had decent grouping but about 5" low at POA. I was using a heavy grain 38 cal ammo. Just got this revolver and I am assuming its just me and maybe someone had some suggestions how to correct this.

I was shooting at 7 yds and had decent grouping but about 5" low at POA. I was using a heavy grain 38 cal ammo. Just got this revolver and I am assuming its just me and maybe someone had some suggestions how to correct this.
    Also sites are fixed

What is the POI for .357 loads?

Bench test the gun, shooting from a supported position. See where the group is established. Do the same with the .357. Try a few other bullet weights if you can. If everything is low you might need the front sight filed down a bit.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List