Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Barrel Choice - 18" DD or MK12 ???

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Been real happy with my 18" BCM SS Barrel. Will hold an honest MOA with me behind the trigger out to 300 yards using BHA 69gr. If you can find them, I'd highly recommend looking at BCMs 18" line up as well. Innerweb lore on them is that they are made for BCM by one of the top notch makers as well

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    You met the right guy for the job. I use a lot of Monty's stuff, and did a review of his MK12 and MK12K (which I REALLY liked). For a AR precision system, the only two I would really look at would be one of Monty's guns or a LaRue OBR or Stealth in 5.56. I have become very good friends with Monty over the years, so I am biased, but I started out as a customer.
    Hands down, my favorite long range AR in 556 is my 24" custom Noveske SPR. Custom cut chamber, custom rifling, hand fittings, blah blah blah. It will shoot 1/2 minute all day with Mk262.

However, since that was a one of a kind, built by John, and no longer an option............if I needed a precision, 1/2-3/4 MOA 556 AR type rifle, I would start at Centurion. And I would stop there as well.

In the interest of full disclosure, I too am biased. Triple "L" is my buddy. But that doesn't change the fact that he builds some super accurate AR's. I have recommended his work to many friends, coworkers, and shooting buddies, including members of this board. I have yet to hear a negative comment, remark, or assessment of his tools.

On top of that, Monty is one hell of a nice guy. He brought his new rail by the booth, and treated everyone like an old friend (and that was the first time I had met him).

I am sure I will be conversing with him on this project after the blitz from SHOT dies down.

How does the weight of Monty's upper compare with a Larue PredatAR or PredatOBR in 5.56?

User Tag List