Thread: Recommendation for ak74 pattern in 5.45x39

Recommendation for ak74 pattern in 5.45x39

So with recent ammo prices and such, im considering picking up a 5.45 AK. I ,however, know nothing about AK's, any recommendations for a decent cheap(it is an ak!) rifle?
    "It's about killing people not launching space shuttles, don't over think it."-Trooper224

Quote Originally Posted by digiadaamore View Post
    So with recent ammo prices and such, im considering picking up a 5.45 AK. I ,however, know nothing about AK's, any recommendations for a decent cheap(it is an ak!) rifle?
    Sadly, there really are no 'cheap' AKs that are still decent. You get what you pay for.

I haven't looked at 5.45mm guns in a while, but if you can find an Arsenal, go with that. Stay away from Century guns, as well as Vulcan/Hesse.

You're not going to get a cheap AK-74 right now.

The best ones are available from Arsenal, Inc. and are Bulgarian and Russian conversions.

You take your chances with cobbled-together American made AKs. Some guys know how to put them together right, but most don't.

The lowest cost/good quality would be a converted Saiga but good luck finding anything cheap in this market.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    You're not going to get a cheap AK-74 right now.

The best ones are available from Arsenal, Inc. and are Bulgarian and Russian conversions.

You take your chances with cobbled-together American made AKs. Some guys know how to put them together right, but most don't.
    This.

An Arsenal SGL31-94 is exactly what you want. In this market be prepared to drop 1300-1800, especially since the import supply of 5.45 rifles coming into Arsenal for conversion is low, if not completely dried up.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Whatever you buy, don't buy Century AK74. SecondsCount here will second my opinion.

Thanks for the advice guys, i had no idea ak's had been hit with the crazy inflation too. Im straight not willing to pay that for what would be an effort to save money! Whats the world come to, even sks' are getting expensive
    "It's about killing people not launching space shuttles, don't over think it."-Trooper224

User Tag List