Thread: Delta Elite and a Small Hunters Axe

Delta Elite and a Small Hunters Axe

NRM Delta Elite, and custom grips.

Axe is a Gransfors Bruks Small Hunters Axe.

And thanks to Haraise!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I figured you for a Bruks man. I spent hours coonfingering those things practically every time I went to Smokey Mountain Knife Works...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

NO!

I don't think it did anything that bad to you, it looks like the last few minutes of Braveheart there...I tell you what, you send it to me and I'll give it a proper disposal instead of the beheading..

Great pics by the way. I'm not a stainless/nickel finish kind of guy but these satin/matte NP3-ish finishes are changing my mind...

I still don't know why I'm being thanked for some 80's stainless thing with old fashioned sights. o.o

Site Supporter
    Mr Riehl, you and my father have remarkably similar taste - Though my father opted for the 'Small Hunter' axe from Bruks, and in keeping with his love of polished stainless, his Delta Elite is a factory original full-polished stainless model.

Where did you get those custom grips? If they were a commercial offering, I would very much like to purchase a set for my father, as he loves quality wood furniture, and that'd be a nice match for a polished stainless Delta that'll forever remain a treasured safe queen.

Personally, I much prefer a 'working gun' finish such as yours. Any other work done to your Delta? Do you carry it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I figured you for a Bruks man. I spent hours coonfingering those things practically every time I went to Smokey Mountain Knife Works...
    Tam, I'm a pretty easy guy to read. That said, I'm a Wetterlings fan too. I just like, as some say, "arcane" stuff. The GBs usually have a better balance, but whatever...

And Haraise, you know exactly why.

Grips were made by a guy in TX. I'll have to look him up for you. I carried it that day. It was full of 135g Corbon JHPs.

I think that might be a Gransfors Carpenters Axe not the Hunter. The blade/edge on most of the hunter series axes are curved for skinning/caping.

User Tag List