Thread: Google, Biden, and Gun Violence

Site Supporter

Google, Biden, and Gun Violence

http://washingtonexaminer.com/google...rticle/2519481

Google is teaming up with Vice President Joe Biden to host a video conversation with voters about gun control.

Seems fitting.

Name:  Soon.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  46.5 KB
    #RESIST

Sergey was in my homeroom sophomore year of HS and spent a lot of time getting bullied around and banged up. I can't say it's really surprising he'd jump in on an anti-anything violence crusade.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

Irony is a Russian born Jewish guy supporting gun control. Maybe he should spend a bit more time studying his people's past in Russia before jumping on the whole government is great bandwagon.

I can understand his being picked on, being a Russian immigrant in the 80's. I went through the whole commie crap when my family landed in '79 but it didnt warp my memories of how fucked up government oppression was.

Will all the Secret Service and private security guys leave their guns at home, or bring them to the meeting?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    Sergey was in my homeroom sophomore year of HS and spent a lot of time getting bullied around and banged up. I can't say it's really surprising he'd jump in on an anti-anything violence crusade.
    Holy cow
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    Odd, my name is Sergei, I grew up in the 1980s, I got my fair share of bullying (a lot of liberal kids really hated me when they found out my family was anti-communist and the bullies, they just bullied), and yet I became an officer in the US Army and consider myself a pro-gun crusader. If anything, I would say my past made me more passionate about this cause than I would have been otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Odd, my name is Sergei, I grew up in the 1980s, I got my fair share of bullying (a lot of liberal kids really hated me when they found out my family was anti-communist and the bullies, they just bullied), and yet I became an officer in the US Army and consider myself a pro-gun crusader. If anything, I would say my past made me more passionate about this cause than I would have been otherwise.
    I'm just curious how your time in the Army was....did you have to deal with lots of bullshit? Or did everyone expect you to perform backflip hatchet attacks through rings of fire, thinking you must obviously be ex-Spetsnaz and the coolest dude ever?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm just curious how your time in the Army was....did you have to deal with lots of bullshit? Or did everyone expect you to perform backflip hatchet attacks through rings of fire, thinking you must obviously be ex-Spetsnaz and the coolest dude ever?
    Really not bad at all. I got in after the fall of Communism. While the Cold War was over, there were still a lot of Cold War Warriors in the ranks and there might have been some raised eyebrows, but nothing much. You understand the military, at the lower ranks, it really is more about how you perform than anything else, and I made sure I performed well. That said, I never had any issues with them. One thing that was pretty funny was I was scoring M9 targets during the alternate pistol qualification one day and a young private lamented to me how I liked the pop up range where he could shoot at the "Russians with the red star on their heads." I looked at him and asked him if he had ever seen a Russian up close, it was then he saw my name tag and got this scared look on his face and started to apologize to me. I laughed it off and told him he was a good trooper. I also spent a couple years on staff as the BN S2 where my Commander commented about how "not only did I understand the enemy, I was related to them."

Now, I'm going to get up on my soap box a little. I have ZERO respect for anyone from a former Communist country that can not see and appreciate what the BoR and the 2A afford us and not want to defend it. I don't know how it was that Sergey Brin's family came to the US, but in my case and the case of many in my community, it was because the Bolsheviks had slaughtered our families. I'm not a Russian Jew, but I know many Russian Jews that are as staunchly pro 2A as I am, so I really can't figure out how this guy can think the way he does.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 01-23-2013 at 11:15 PM.

User Tag List