Thread: Watch what you say!

Watch what you say!

Apparently Tennessee DPS has suspended James Yeager's CCW due to comments he made in a YouTube video about what he would do if certain gun control measures were enacted. No need to discuss the comments and such, just be advised that it can happen and we might want to watch the rhetoric.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I believe it was mentioned in another thread...

...but this goes to illustrate why I'm dead-set against a permit requirement. I saw Mr. Yeager's comments and while extremely unwise and ill-advised, there was no specific threat of violence or direction to commit violence. Certainly nothing in it justifies denying him the right to an effective means of self defense.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I believe it was mentioned in another thread...
    Yup.

I'll note that, while I'm against toter's chits on principle, too (Support Constitutional Carry in your state!) Yeager is lucky that the TN DPS had their attention directed to that particular video, rather than some of the stuff that surrounded his threats to beat up the internet over calling him names. A TN prosecutor friend of mine pointed out that a couple of his more direct threats on FB and other venues during that fracas were criminal offenses in TN, should someone be inclined to pursue the matter.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that the internet is a real place now, and everything you do here is forever. Don't say anything on the intertubenets that you wouldn't say sitting in the witness box.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    [Don't say anything on the intertubenets that you wouldn't say sitting in the witness box.
    Sadly, he probably didn't. I have this picture in my head of Yeager pontificating under oath as his defense attorney repeatedly face palms in the background.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List