Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Belt as conceal carry belt

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the mission belt. I'm needing a new dress black belt and will give them a look-see.

Another option for a low cost brown casual belt is this one:
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_brown_buy.html

Quite sturdy. I use this one on the occasions where my Atlas is not appropriate.
    I punched extra holes between every existing one and the adjustability is great.
    Thanks for sharing Roy....that does look like a nice belt.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by needbullets View Post
    I wish I were in the industry! Lol. I work for a large car dealer. its an awesome product, thats why it gets a great rave review. I won't be offended or really care if you want to delete my post. Just trying to add to the comunity. You should try one though... Pretty sweet
    We're fine with people adding to the community...it's just that when someone is just up the road from the company they're praising to high heaven with all of 3 posts on the forum...all of them about this company they're right next to...it seems suspicious.

We're fine with people from manufacturers/retailers/etc participating on the forum and even talking about their products...but we require disclosure so that other members of the forum can take that information into consideration when making purchasing decisions.

EDIT -

Mr. Holzapfel:

You would have been more than welcome to post about your company's products had you simply disclosed your interest in Mission Belts. Why you chose, instead, to ignore our rules about industry disclosure is beyond me...but it doesn't speak well for you as an individual or for potential dealings with your company.

Honesty up front is all we ask...and it's a pretty good policy if you wish to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    We're fine with people adding to the community...it's just that when someone is just up the road from the company they're praising to high heaven with all of 3 posts on the forum...all of them about this company they're right next to...it seems suspicious.

We're fine with people from manufacturers/retailers/etc participating on the forum and even talking about their products...but we require disclosure so that other members of the forum can take that information into consideration when making purchasing decisions.

EDIT -

Mr. Holzapfel:

You would have been more than welcome to post about your company's products had you simply disclosed your interest in Mission Belts. Why you chose, instead, to ignore our rules about industry disclosure is beyond me...but it doesn't speak well for you as an individual or for potential dealings with your company.

Honesty up front is all we ask...and it's a pretty good policy if you wish to be taken seriously.
    Well that blows. Was hoping this was a decent company. This brings the whole company into question. If willing to misrepresent themselves do they really do the charitable work they claim?

Apparently a lot happened since I talked to Nate @ Mission Belt yesterday.

My gut feeling from our phone conversation was that he was a stand up guy, who believed in his company's products.

I've ordered, and I won't cancel my order, because I still think it's an interesting design.

Was it figured out who needsbullets is? I have a hard time believing he'd be the same guy I talked to on the phone.

In our email correspondence he sent me a picture of his EDC stuff, looked pretty similar to mine, (gun, holster, folder, mag and pouch, and light).

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I understand that if all 3 posts from the banned individual were in this thread, giving rave reviews I too would be suspicious. I am in no way affiliated with any manufacturer or distributor of anything, I just try to seek out the good, small shops and give them my business.

I took Todd's word for VCD 1911 grips and I think they're the best thing since sliced bread, grip wise on a 1911. So thanks Todd, and thanks to everyone here who gives (honest) reviews of products that you use or find interesting.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Shokr21 View Post
    Apparently a lot happened since I talked to Nate @ Mission Belt yesterday.

My gut feeling from our phone conversation was that he was a stand up guy, who believed in his company's products.

I've ordered, and I won't cancel my order, because I still think it's an interesting design.

Was it figured out who needsbullets is? I have a hard time believing he'd be the same guy I talked to on the phone.

In our email correspondence he sent me a picture of his EDC stuff, looked pretty similar to mine, (gun, holster, folder, mag and pouch, and light).

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I understand that if all 3 posts from the banned individual were in this thread, giving rave reviews I too would be suspicious. I am in no way affiliated with any manufacturer or distributor of anything, I just try to seek out the good, small shops and give them my business.

I took Todd's word for VCD 1911 grips and I think they're the best thing since sliced bread, grip wise on a 1911. So thanks Todd, and thanks to everyone here who gives (honest) reviews of products that you use or find interesting.
    They didn't remove his posts lightly. Some background digging was done and the staff was able to prove their suspicions. They gave him a chanc to come clean and he chose to continue the lie. They also found the belts are made in china and imported if that makes a difference for you.

1) Not that it is in question, but as to VCD grips, I have personally known David B, the owner, for a number of years and he is a talented shooter, ethical guy and terrific individual.

2) I may not be the style maven, but I have to say when I first saw the link to that belt and looked at it, it sure didn't look like something that would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yes, Mr. Holzapfel, AKA needbullets, is the owner of ZJH Holdings LLC of which missionbelt.com is a subsidiary.

It's too bad, all he had to do was be honest and he would have been welcome here. Unfortunately, he chose a less honorable route (and implemented it in a slipshod manner) and is now banned. Everyone is welcome here, just be honest.
    I agree, it's too easy for a person with connections to simply state those connections. I sincerely hope that the company is not being judged by a single person's misguided actions regardless of who that person may be.

Like I previously stated, Nate seemed to me to be genuine and sincere individual. I have no stake in the product or company, just wanted to pass along my good experience with the individual who contacted me.

I'll be updating this thread when my belt arrives. If all else fails, I do need a new dress belt.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

It sucks i just wanted opinions on a belt I was curious about and then drama. Oh the fun of the interwebz.

Wow. This thread has had a few twists and turns.

Integrity counts and I'm glad to see that the forum is guarded sufficiently to root out the short cut masters in disguise.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Got my belt in today. Looks good and fits well. I am not going to make a glowing report on the stiffness of the belt, it's rigidity is more akin to a standard department store belt.

I think it could still do in a pinch, I'd just have to really cinch down the belt in order to secure the holster and gun, which wouldn't be much of an issue.

Overall, good looking belt, interesting design, I just don't think it's going to replace the belts that I already have for edc duty (when I'm able to carry). Eh, needed a new dress belt anyway.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

User Tag List