Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Belt as conceal carry belt

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    The Mission Belt seems like a good-looking rig. My only hesitation is that the description on their FAQ page says that the leather is soft and supple. I'm sure it's a nice belt for general use, but not so sure it is the right setup for carrying IWB.

Hate to crash your thread, but I just got a Tow Belt yesterday from Saddleback Leather. It's awesome! Not cheap, but it's the nicest general/gunbelt I've ever had. Thick and sturdy enough to support my MP9FS easily at AIWB, but does NOT scream 'gunbelt'.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Cla...&category=1280
    While taste is individual, I wouldn't be caught wearing the Mission Belt, even if it took .2 off my draw. Now the Saddlebackleather belt is something I would wear when I don't have my Wilderness belt on.

kind of both, but more a good looking dress belt.

I'm a college student. I leave my gun in my car in an off campus parking lot.

I won't carry into a job interview and I doubt I'll carry while working in an office building (on body carry anyway, more than likely have a g17 in a bag).

I have webbing and leather gun belts, that do their job. This is just a good looking belt imho, it'd be a bonus if it could do duty as gun belt as well.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

So, instead of replying to my email the owner of the company, Nate, called me today.

We had a 10 minute talk and he seemed like a very genuine and proud company owner. He told me that he has been carrying concealed for over 12 years and for the last two he has been using his company's belt. He carries a beretta 92 in a milt sparks iwb. He recommends the 40mm belts for cc duty.

He told me that for a concealed weapon and magazine this belt is just right, not too rigid, but not flimsy. He stated that while the belt wouldn't support duty equipment (a cops duty belt with all the bat gear attached) it is perfect for his use, one fullsize gun and 1 magazine.

He also gave me his personal email, if anyone would like it pm me.

I'll be ordering a belt tonight, I'll try to give a report after a couple of weeks of running it.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Shokr21 View Post
    So, instead of replying to my email the owner of the company, Nate, called me today.

We had a 10 minute talk and he seemed like a very genuine and proud company owner. He told me that he has been carrying concealed for over 12 years and for the last two he has been using his company's belt. He carries a beretta 92 in a milt sparks iwb. He recommends the 40mm belts for cc duty.

He told me that for a concealed weapon and magazine this belt is just right, not too rigid, but not flimsy. He stated that while the belt wouldn't support duty equipment (a cops duty belt with all the bat gear attached) it is perfect for his use, one fullsize gun and 1 magazine.

He also gave me his personal email, if anyone would like it pm me.

I'll be ordering a belt tonight, I'll try to give a report after a couple of weeks of running it.
    Wow I have to say that's an example of true customer service. The simple act of a 10 minute phone call made you a buying customer. That really impresses me.

Integrity counts.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 01-24-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Astroturfing

Quote Originally Posted by needbullets View Post
    I have used a 40 mm mission belt for CC for several months now. they are a bargain, $40. You will not find a better belt for CC because it fits perfectly every time, better than an instructors belt, which is my second favorite belt. Its not super rigid, but it doesn't twist or bend. I have no complaints. I pack a sig 228 and a Milt sparks versa max2. I bought mine after I saw it on a guy at the airport in la going through security, when he took it off I noticed that it worked differently. after we got through I asked him about it, he said that he had bought it after seeing Wally Joiner the base ball player wearing one on the golf course somewhere in Utah.

I think these guys are really going to revolutionize the way we all wear belts in the CC world, you can literally adjust the belt without taking it of, one click up or down anytime, with out taking out your gun or losing your pants. I contacted them about future products and they said they will be coming out with a line of Gun Specific belts next year. I guess they have lots of interest. I didn't speak to the owner, but I was helped by a fantastic customer service rep who sent me a personalized hand written note with my order. These guys have no issues about customer service, I have gotten used to hold times, 24-48 hour email responses etc, these guys responded to me in 10 minutes at the most. It was a thoughtful email and it probably took 10 minutes to write. I think Nate the owner must be as good at hiring people as he is at making awesome belts. I now own three, I bought my forst one off amazon then two from their website. I have a 35 mm black belt I wear with a suit and two 40 mm, one in brown and one in black.

Whats really cool to is that The Mission Belt Co. gives money every time they sell a belt to help people feed them selves. Thats true conservatism. no administration fees, straight to the people that need it. Most companies I have dealt with dont care much about me as a customer let alone anone else, these guys do and they even help total strangers become self sufficient. Instead of dropping a bag of rice on someone from a black hawk, these guys are helping people get on their own two feet.

My belts have all shipped form a Utah warehouse and arrive with tracking. Buy one, it is insane how cool these are. A deal so good, its dumb.
    Thank you for the review and the additional information. I randomly stumbled upon the through some amazon searches. I am glad to hear how much they care for their customers and I really liked the charitable aspect once I started looking into them more. I am definitely going to get myself one of these. Seems too good to pass up. Oh and their FAQ is hilarious.

Integrity counts.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up on the mission belt. I'm needing a new dress black belt and will give them a look-see.

Another option for a low cost brown casual belt is this one:
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_brown_buy.html

Quite sturdy. I use this one on the occasions where my Atlas is not appropriate.
    I punched extra holes between every existing one and the adjustability is great.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Needbullets,
    If you're affiliated with any company or manufacturer, you need to disclose it in your sig line.

Also, here are the rules of the forum as they pertain to Astroturfing.

IV. A note about "astroturfing"

We require disclosure of industry ties/links on this forum as a way of helping our membership determine the validity of advice and opinions that are shared on the forum. If we find that someone who is giving rave reviews of a product or service has an interest in that product/service that they have not disclosed, we will immediately ban them. If we find that someone has signed up for the forum solely to push their product/service in discussions, we will immediately ban them. If we find that someone has created multiple accounts, one to advertise a product/service and the other shell accounts to generate rave reviews for the product while appearing to be customers, we will immediately ban them. To be perfectly clear: We despise astroturfing and will mercilessly crush it on this forum.

Integrity counts.

User Tag List