Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys I need some sight help.

Guys I need some sight help.

Guns: G19 and G26

Problem: Older eyes, Glock OEM sights just don't cut it.

Use: No competition shooting. Self-defense training and practice.

Situation: Bought a set of Big Dots, I'm sorry, I just didn't like them at all. I ordered some Ameriglo (painted) square front sights in orange, loved them. But, the paint fell out of not one but three sets. Ameriglo has beed great to deal with and Rick sent me two sets of a different kind to replace the others. These were round, white outline with orange center, loved them. Today at the range the orange center fell out. Called Rick, he was at Shot show but said he would take care of it and I know he will. Ameriglo has been GREAT to deal with! However, I am at my wits ends, I have put on more sights in the past 6 months than I have put on in the past 30 years. I am ready to put this behind me, I want to put on a set of sights and be done! Please help me with some suggestions (tried and true) hopefully. I'm ok with Ameriglo if I can find some that will stay together.

I like the bright orange, my eyes seem to pick it up better, square more-so than round but I'm ok with either. Don't really have to have night sights but I'm not opposed to them either.

Thanks in advance, David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 01-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.

I've had excellent luck with the Warren-Tactical-Sight-GLOCK-Sevigny-Set currently on both of my Gen 4 Glock 17's. JV was kind enough to apply bright orange paint to the top half of my front sight, giving it a nice contrast and aids me picking up the front sight faster during press outs. They're also relatively inexpensive and durable.

I just replaced a set of the Warren's with Trijicon Hi-Vis sights.

Why? Because the Warren's were just plain beat up and distracting. I liked the Warren's, but when time came to replace them, the Hi-Viz sights were worth a look.

The Hi-Vis come in your choice of bright yellow or orange on the front sight. While not square, there is no missing that day-glo front dot!

End all, be all? Probably not. Better than sights that keep falling apart? Probably.

Site Supporter
    Heinie Quik sights, Ameriglo I-Dot, Trijicon HD's should all work well for you.

Another vote for Trijicon HD. Orange is my preferred flavor.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Ameriglo Pro Glo front:
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the ameriglo's. I've enjoyed my orange CAP front a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experiences with the ameriglo's. I've enjoyed my orange CAP front a lot.
    EMC, I think you would have said if you had any trouble. Have you had good service from the CAP sights? Would you buy them again?
    David

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ameriglo Pro Glo front:
    CAP? If so how do you like it? Any reason you went with yellow over orange?

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    EMC, I think you would have said if you had any trouble. Have you had good service from the CAP sights? Would you buy them again?
    David
    Yes this sight has been fine. I've had it for about a year. I keep solvents and lube away from the paint as best I can. This particular front sight is model GL-212-OR Q for glock. It is the square orange paint with green tritium insert. I paired it with the pro-operator rear with wider notch and yellow tritium inserts.
    Last edited by EMC; 01-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.

User Tag List