Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 61 - "MISS NOW" (Mod1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Even now, I can tell when I am pushing solely for speed...........I know because there are holes all around the outside of my circle. If I shoot solely to clean the target with all 16 rounds, I can consistently hit 9.50-9.99 seconds. It's not blazing fast, but it is consistently meeting the standard. Certainly I like to see improvement, but at the same time, with the drills I don't train on, but use as an "assessment", (such as El Pres, FAST, MISS NOW, etc), I tend to look at the end result in terms of pass/fail, and don't concern myself so much with the minutia of a few hundredths here or there. Hits are what matters to me, and while getting a blazing fast time is great for my ego.........it doesn't have much practical benefit for me.
    I shot this drill several times, even though only the cold score is counted. On some runs I shot it purely for hits, and others purely for speed. I always contemplate and translate the performance on these drills/tests to performance on the street. Hits, misses, and time then become relative, and the quest is the search for the speed/accuracy sweet spot, and the drill a tool to get there.

The beauty of it is that whatever you're shooting for, hits, splits, time, or fun, you're learning and expanding your limits.

G17 w/grip cut for G19 mags mounting an RMR06 and carried AIWB in a Fricke Seraphim concealed under an un-tucked long sleeve shirt and TNF vest firing Fed AE9FP 147 gr FMJ.

Shot once cold:

7yd: 8.78s (-1) got back on the trigger too early on one shot, leaving it about an inch high
    10 yd: 9.25s (-1) jerked one to the left, about 1/4" outside the circle
    15 yd: 10.94s (-1) put one low touching the line

Thanks--good drill and one I had never shot before. Definitely felt like I had more time than was expecting and should have slowed down a bit for better accuracy, instead of rushing my shots....something to work on in the future next time I try this.

User Tag List