Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Add "assault rifles" to NFA in exchange for "machineguns?"

Add "assault rifles" to NFA in exchange for "machineguns?"

I posted this on my local board, but I think the collective IQ might be a little higher over here..

Copy/paste:

I'm not at all suggesting this... but it does seem like the kind of compromise that could be negotiated. So, for argument sake, hypothetically..

Would you be willing to entertain the compromise of putting all "assault rifles" on the NFA registry if the goobermint would repeal the manufacturing for private transfer clause of the FOPA for "machineguns?"

For arguments sake, let us also reduce the tax to $50/weapon and require the ATF to process all applications within 6 months. Weapons possessed at the time of enactment are grandfathered- still need to be registered, but tax-exempt, and you retain possession during filing.

If no, but not SO no, what additional concessions would you want?
    They once called me bkb0000...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B. View Post
    I posted this on my local board, but I think the collective IQ might be a little higher over here..

Copy/paste:

I'm not at all suggesting this... but it does seem like the kind of compromise that could be negotiated. So, for argument sake, hypothetically..

Would you be willing to entertain the compromise of putting all "assault rifles" on the NFA registry if the goobermint would repeal the manufacturing for private transfer clause of the FOPA for "machineguns?"

For arguments sake, let us also reduce the tax to $50/weapon and require the ATF to process all applications within 6 months. Weapons possessed at the time of enactment are grandfathered- still need to be registered, but tax-exempt, and you retain possession during filing.

If no, but not SO no, what additional concessions would you want?
    Hell to the No.

The NFA branch can barely function as is. I don't want to fill out more paperwork to transport my carbine out of state to go attend a class. I don't want to pay any more tax dollars that I don't have to currently.

MG's while fun, get old quick. You get past that initial evil grin after the 4th or 5th time you step up to the line. How often do I now flip to the extra position on my M16? Almost never.... unless I'm taking new shooters to the range.

If you want to work on an NFA issue that actually may have a chance of passing, put your support behind removing suppressors from the NFA.
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 01-19-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: emphasis added
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Site Supporter
    Would you be willing to entertain the compromise of putting all "assault rifles" on the NFA registry
    I'm not in favor of registration, and even *if* I entertained negotiating - that's not a middle ground.

Nnnnnoooooooooo

never

I'll say YES, just because assault rifles are already NFA items! So we wouldn't be losing anything.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm not in favor of registration, and even *if* I entertained negotiating - that's not a middle ground.
    No, it's not... it'd be a huge bargaining chip, though, if it were in the realm of reality. Federal preemption for NFA items, is a big concession that enters my mind- states can't ban.

It wouldn't necessarily be that big of a deal for us, at least those of us with items already in the registry.. but I think the ban-crowd would see it as their greatest victory ever. They'd give a lot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'll say YES, just because assault rifles are already NFA items! So we wouldn't be losing anything.....
    Well that's why I "quoted" it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Would you be willing to entertain the compromise...
    Why am I entertaining compromises?

They've got nothing I want bad enough to give up anything I have. For all their bluster, they're bluffing from a busted flush.

They're coming over all hard right now because this is their hill to die on, not ours. The legislative and judicial momentum is all on our side.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Nyet!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Even if "we" wanted to do that...as evil as semi-autos are made out to be, I think it'll be a chilly day in hell before restrictions on automatics are loosened.

User Tag List