Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P35 and an Axe.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    An observation - that sharpened top of the blade, that isn't your friend using the knife as a bush knife. It really isn't.
    Between that and that hammer spur, how do you keep from bleeding all over everything?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Well, you've moved onto double stack 9mm. Just need to get polymer mixed in and you'll be right there with us...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Between that and that hammer spur, how do you keep from bleeding all over everything?
    I have a wonderfully dangerous looking scar on my right forearm that bled enough I was feeling woozy.

I tell girls it's from a knife fight.
    Last edited by BLR; 01-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Well, you've moved onto double stack 9mm. Just need to get polymer mixed in and you'll be right there with us...
    ...who can't afford nice pistols.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    ...who can't afford nice pistols.
    I've had plenty of nice 1911s, and a custom revolver, over the years. I'm glad they're all gone and were replaced with a Glocks.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Of course, JV, it was a joke -- actually a riposte to what I assume was a joke. I therefore didn't think it needed an emoticon.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I've had plenty of nice 1911s, and a custom revolver, over the years. I'm glad they're all gone and were replaced with a Glocks.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    Why's that?

Nice 1911s are, well, nice. Custom revolvers are, well, nice. Though, I would guess everyone here knows where I come out in this discussion

And this P35 is no longer a stock gun. I need a few more rounds through it, and the internals are still in flux. Including the sear-hammer geometry of the C&S parts. New flat bottom FPS is expected soon, as is a new set of Warner sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    I still have the "condition" as I've added a few wheelies lately, most notable a really nice S&W Model 27-2. But while it's often repeated how the Glock comes with no pride of ownership; mine have pride of performance as I've done nice shooting with them I have not with any other gun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Bill,

Check out Chuck Warner's true radius sear and hammer for the hi-power. Its said to be one of the best triggets for hi-power triggers. Chuck is located in New Mexico and his website is warnerpistols.com. I've got one of his true radius sears in my 1911 and its supreme. There's a ton of info on 1911pro.com about the true radius sears for 1911 and hi-powers if your into the minutiae of trigger jobs. Be warned its a long dark road if you start down it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Bill,

Check out Chuck Warner's true radius sear and hammer for the hi-power. Its said to be one of the best triggets for hi-power triggers. Chuck is located in New Mexico and his website is warnerpistols.com. I've got one of his true radius sears in my 1911 and its supreme. There's a ton of info on 1911pro.com about the true radius sears for 1911 and hi-powers if your into the minutiae of trigger jobs. Be warned its a long dark road if you start down it.
    Been talking to Chuck for awhile now

Been down this road once or twice already.

Same with the vintage Winchester road.

And the Parker road.

And the LC Smith road.

And the Biesen rifle road.

And the M54/70 road.

And the '03 road.

Let's just say my post 21 year old days were spent not growing up.

User Tag List