Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P35 and an Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Bill,

Check out Chuck Warner's true radius sear and hammer for the hi-power. Its said to be one of the best triggets for hi-power triggers. Chuck is located in New Mexico and his website is warnerpistols.com. I've got one of his true radius sears in my 1911 and its supreme. There's a ton of info on 1911pro.com about the true radius sears for 1911 and hi-powers if your into the minutiae of trigger jobs. Be warned its a long dark road if you start down it.
    Well, I haven't gone down this road yet! What makes his hammer/sear setup better than a C&S kit, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Well, I haven't gone down this road yet! What makes his hammer/sear setup better than a C&S kit, for example?
    Warners set meets mostly parallel at the hammer sear interface.

Many do not. P35s actually (frequently) need to "cock" the hammer a little to fire. This is because the angle on the hammer is such that it must move rearwards a little prior to firing. The opposite problem causes hammer follow.

Yea Bill nailed it. For a excellent read on 1911 trigger jobs check out this thread:

http://www.1911pro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=277

If I'm not mistaken Chuck puts forth the idea for the true radius sear in there some where. This thread is mostly about the 1911 but has some hi-power info in it.

Like I said, a long dark hole.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Many do not. P35s actually (frequently) need to "cock" the hammer a little to fire. This is because the angle on the hammer is such that it must move rearwards a little prior to firing. The opposite problem causes hammer follow.
    Ugh, the obsession with positive sear engagement at some manufacturers to make sure they can pass ridiculous "drop it out of a helicopter" tests. Have you watched the hammer on a stock CZ-75 in SA mode? It visibly moves a reasonable fraction of an inch to the rear before the sear finally manages to crawl out from under engagement...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List