Thread: Guns, Knives, Axes

Guns, Knives, Axes

Great Colt. Axe is a Gransfors Bruks Forest Axe. Great axe, btw.

And the CRK Green Beret Knife

FYI, the axe is better (easier) at making feather sticks than the CRK. Just sayin'. Always check your gear before using it!

Very nice! Do you have any Randall's Bill?
    Here's my favorite gun & sticker combo- Colt CCG & a Randall Model 1 APFK
    Last edited by WDW; 01-15-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Is that the short or long forest axe?

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock View Post
    Very nice! Do you have any Randall's Bill?
    Here's my favorite gun & sticker combo- Colt CCG & a Randall Model 1 APFK
    Nope. I have 6 ordered, varying from 5 years wait down to 3. But I don't have one yet.

That is the Small Forest Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Nope. I have 6 ordered, varying from 5 years wait down to 3. But I don't have one yet.

That is the Small Forest Axe.
    Yep! I waited 49 months for mine.

Neat photos, Bill!

You really have to love an axe, when the craftsman forging it stamps his own initials into every axe and hatchet.

I've got a Granfors Bruks axe and hatchet, and a Hult Bruks hatchet as well. If you watch pawn shops and antique shops, you can sometimes find them for cheap. I got the GB axe head for a ridiculously low price off eBay. I recognized the stamp, and snagged it very inexpensively. I actually paid more for a good hickory replacement handle, than the axe head.

I'm trying desperately to resist buying one of those CCG Colts, too. I've got an old Colt 1911 that was made in 1954 sitting in the safe, I'm debating sending it off. There are a lot of people that would do it justice, I'm just having a hard time altering it at all.

You had me till the CRK knife.

On another note, the latest Colts are looking good. PSA has a couple that rock to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    You had me till the CRK knife.

On another note, the latest Colts are looking good. PSA has a couple that rock to me.
    It's a nice blade, but the handle was lacking in surface area for feathering. I wound up getting fatigue from it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Neat photos, Bill!

You really have to love an axe, when the craftsman forging it stamps his own initials into every axe and hatchet.

I've got a Granfors Bruks axe and hatchet, and a Hult Bruks hatchet as well. If you watch pawn shops and antique shops, you can sometimes find them for cheap. I got the GB axe head for a ridiculously low price off eBay. I recognized the stamp, and snagged it very inexpensively. I actually paid more for a good hickory replacement handle, than the axe head.

I'm trying desperately to resist buying one of those CCG Colts, too. I've got an old Colt 1911 that was made in 1954 sitting in the safe, I'm debating sending it off. There are a lot of people that would do it justice, I'm just having a hard time altering it at all.
    Oh man, I love GB axes. I really do. I love bushcraft too.

On the Colt, the next version will be even better. Internal changes were made, refinements! I'm hoping it happens soon too...

That gun was designed to be a good starting point for customization actually. Wouldn't need barrel, sight, trigger, hammer, beavertail. A Custom Shop built sort of WWI/WWII/S70 deal. No, it's not cheap, or perfect, but it sure is a nice gun!

I thought this was going to be an alternative weapons thread.

And maybe it is.

User Tag List