Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Life Membership $300

I followed the link and did the $25 1-year membership. I don't care for the NRA, but I'm holding my nose and doing it. If they fuck us on this one, I'm going to lose my mind because I should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I followed the link and did the $25 1-year membership. I don't care for the NRA, but I'm holding my nose and doing it. If they f*** us on this one, I'm going to lose my mind because I should have known better.
    That's what's making me hesitate on life membership. I still remember '86 and '94, and I like the ability to tell them to shove off if they hose me again. The last time they called trying to get me to rejoin, I told them in no explicit terms that I wouldn't until they got their heads out of their rectums and fought for ALL our rights, including 'assault weapons' and standard capacity magazines, and not just the Fudds' fowling pieces.

This way, I get a membership for basically nothing, letting them prove their bonafides before I go all-in and potentially waste money that could be better spent on GOA or SAF.

Well I am now a life member, a sucker or both.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post

This way, I get a membership for basically nothing, letting them prove their bonafides before I go all-in and potentially waste money that could be better spent on GOA or SAF.
    I figure at least this way I won't be paying directly for a mailbox full of shit I hate. No clue what I'm going to buy with my sweet gift card though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I figure at least this way I won't be paying directly for a mailbox full of shit I hate.
    It took me about a month to quell the mail.
    Two things you need to do...
    1. Call the member number and ask to be taken off ALL mailings and 2. Ask them to transfer you to the INSURANCE group and ask to be take off all their mailings. You need to do both and they are not the same.

The good news is, I've not had to do it again through several renewals... They get the message and respect your wishes if you ask.

IIRC, this is the first number to call... +1 800-672-3888
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Also think about getting memberships for your kids. It is typically a great deal and an investment in the future.

We've got a few members on Gunsite South Africa sighning up to show support of you blokes.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...y-with-the-NRA
    "One mind, Any weapon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    We've got a few members on Gunsite South Africa sighning up to show support of you blokes.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...y-with-the-NRA
    Outstanding.!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    In case you've been dragging your feet or you don't like having to make phone calls, there's an AR15.com deal that came out in their newsletter today. This is the first time I've seen a web page where you can get the $300 Life deal with an online registration...

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ampaignID=ar15

If you are a life member already and want to give more to the cause, call the membership hotline. I upped from Life to Endowment member for $250 (normally $1K) a few weeks ago.

They also let me make sure all my "do not call" "do not email" blocks were checked.

User Tag List