Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 trigger is getting harder to press

Glock 26 trigger is getting harder to press

The trigger on my Circa 1996 (box stock, except for sights) Glock 26 that I've carried since I bought it is becoming harder to press – living near the coast in the humid South means that this little gun has been sweated on quite a bit (inside the waistband), but I've kept the gun clean and lubed throughout it's life. There are no visible signs of oxidation inside or out.

I haven't kept a round count for it, but I would guesstimate more than 4,000 rounds, but less than 8,000 rounds. Dry fire practice would have trigger presses that are orders of magnitude greater than this.

Is there a short list of parts that I should consider replacing to clean this trigger up (or just as good preventative maintenance)?

Site Supporter
    Are you certain that the connector/trigger interface area is well lubed?

(EDIT: I was wrong – not lubed. On closer inspection the mating surfaces of those parts are completely dry.) While I was checking around I moved the trigger back and forth and if I put my ear to the connector/trigger interface, I can hear a light scratching, like there are one or two grains of sand or unburned powder in between the pieces. I started poking around with a pick and a few small chunks of lint came out from in between the frame and trigger bar.

Site Supporter
    I would remove the trigger housing, clean it out, including the area of the frame that's right next to the connector, and lube it.

Make sure you lube both sides of the trigger bar area. The outside of it, opposite the connector, it has contact with the frame. It can also be a source of friction.

Also, if you haven't changed your springs, do so. The trigger spring in a glock actually aids the pull.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Double tap.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-15-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Do you have access to an armorer? Your gun likely would benefit from a detail strip, inspection, and cleaning. If an armorer isn't available, a credible/knowledgeable/experienced user of the system may be able to assist with same.

I would try to do the whole gun. It's due. Consider replacing the RSA for PM as well.

Yep, strip and clean. Probably take care of the problems.

Allright, I detail stripped and painstakingly cleaned the frame what few parts a Glock has in it. It was really dirty: lots of sand, lint, and unburned powder. Like JV had predicted, it seems that the main culprit was lint and gunk between the trigger bar and frame. I ended up carefully washing a few of the plastic parts with some soap and hot water to dislodge the fuzz, wiped all the metal parts down with an oiled cloth, slapped it back together, and lubed it with six-drops where indicated in the Glock manual.

The trigger pull is noticeably better, but it is still harder than I would prefer, and it's a heavier pull than my new 3rd gen Glock 19.

Questions:
    - If I'm going to replace the trigger spring, should I also replace the factory connector while I'm at it?
    - Are there any other parts that stand out as an obvious thing to order and replace this go-round?

Site Supporter
    Google "Glock 25 cent trigger job", if you're not already familiar with the procedure.

Until you've tried that, I wouldn't be in a huge rush to replace anything other than springs.

User Tag List