Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quality low-riding AIWB suggestions?

I have a high noon hidden ally I really like for my 26. I have carried it for years and honestly I've considered replacing it.

I don't like low riding holsters, but the SME rides low. It's a very comfy holster. I am still debating about it though.

I want to try a JRC holster, he seems to offer the most adjustability.

Site Supporter
    No experience with the SME, but the JRC is awesome!

Jody,

Are you still using the Fist #1k regularly? How does it compare to the DSG or Hideaway. I'm looking for something similar for a P224.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've carried a P2000SK in a horsehide Highnoon Hideaway with clip for several years now, I've tried several other options and keep coming back to the Hideaway.
    I recently used a Hideaway for my P2000 in ECQC and was completely satisfied.
    But as "BOM" can tell you, the Hideaway isn't for everyone. He tried out my Hideaway for the Sig P228/M11A1 and hated it.

The other option I really like is the simple kydex AIWB with clip that Dark Star Gear made for my Walther PPS.

The Fist #1K only works with small pistols like the PM9, Shield and PPS. With anything larger it doesn't have enough support for all day.
    I think the minimalist DSG is a better holster and that's what I've switched to for my little pistols.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Here is another suggestion: http://pjholster.com/ I have a kydex holster from Paul that works well for my CZ 75B in the 4:00 position. I'm waiting on another holster from him for my CZ P-07. He will also work with you to get you what you want, i.e. straight drop or whatever you require.

My personal favorites for a low riding appendix holster are the Looper and the Desbiens #4.

SouthNarc,

Have you noticed any difference with lower riding AIWB holsters in your classes and the ease of accessing them?

I have noticed that with low riding holsters that sometimes I can have a hard time accessing the gun in compromised positions. It may very well be a body specific thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I have noticed that with low riding holsters that sometimes I can have a hard time accessing the gun in compromised positions. It may very well be a body specific thing for me.
    I've found that while carrying more weight than I should be I can still make access with a holster like my SME that rides pretty low. I find that being able to shift hips around opens the door, so to speak, to make the access needed. Time when I am jammed up and have checked and been unable to draw were also times when drawing may not have been a smart choice given the positional battle. Ones size matters a lot but the biggest difference I think I have found drawing in those positions is hip position.

I think overall the lower riding holsters are only limiting against a timer. That is not to say I don't enjoy having a fast draw, I do. I would take a lower riding slower to draw G17 in a 5Shot SME over a 1.00 second draw Shield in my own holster any day.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The Fist #1K only works with small pistols like the PM9, Shield and PPS. With anything larger it doesn't have enough support for all day.
    I think the minimalist DSG is a better holster and that's what I've switched to for my little pistols.
    I've been very satisfied with using FIST #1K for G26s, G19s and G17s since the mid to late '90's carrying all day and evening. Holsters compared with it included Milt Sparks, Bladetech, Sidearmor, JRC.

Where/how do you find it unstable with say a mid sized compact like a G19?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List