Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality low-riding AIWB suggestions?

Quality low-riding AIWB suggestions?

I'm looking for a nice "low-riding" deep concealment AIWB holster. I realize that I will sacrifice a true "combat grip" with most lower profile appendix holsters.

I bought a Cane & Derby PIC and the fit, finish, and comfort are phenomenal.

However, I keep having to break out my old Highnoon Mr. Softy for frequent trips into NPE's where I cannot afford the printing that the C&D PIC is prone to.

Can anyone provide a suggestion for a quality, molded, low-riding AIWB? Preferably something with snapping loops, or just NOT a bulky metal clip like that of the Mr. Softy.

I've looked into the Highnoon "Hide Away"... I'd prefer something in black to match all of my current gun belts, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

-Ron

I know it's not Kydex but the JRC custom AIWB (horsehide) is ride adjustable and I keep mine somewhat low.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    +1 for the JRC. I use that along with a JM AIWB and Shaggy. Great holsters.

Try TT Gunleather, mine is low riding.

For that application I use Raven's VG2 adjusted low or FIST #1 Kydex clip.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

One suggestion is to make a slight modification to your existing C&D Pic. If you remove the wing from the holster and drill corresponding holes in it and the holster itself you can in effect lower the holster on the belt line. This is one such mod I made to my PIC. If I can find it I may post a picture. Just make sure the holes are evenly spaced and it will give you a range of adjustment.
    Taking a break from social media.

Does the Raven VG2 seem pretty secure and stable given its "minimalist" design?

CCT125US - I would be very appreciative of some pics of your mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Does the Raven VG2 seem pretty secure and stable given its "minimalist" design?
    It depends on how tight you adjust the belt loop, how thick your belt is and how tight your belt is worn. It is sufficiently stable, but will never match a regular holster. I find that a bit of play allows for more comfort but sacrifices some stability. Keep in mind the original design was just a trigger guard on a lanyard. The belt loop is a really short lanyard. On the low setting, it hides great. On higher settings there is no "tuck" to help.

Site Supporter
    I'll add a third vote for JRC. Jim will work with you to get you pretty much anything you want, and his craftsmanship is fantastic.

User Tag List