Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG at the NRA 22-January-2013

Site Supporter

KSTG at the NRA 22-January-2013

KSTG match
    Tuesday 22-January-2013
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 50-75
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Registration begins 9:00am on Monday 14-January. Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

Any special stages we should know about? I'm thinking low light?

Other than the pole vault stage nothing much... I don't think we've set stages yet, so be prepared for anything.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Site Supporter
    Is anyone else still planning on participating in the first annual (unofficial) KSTG jframe challenge? Remember that it will likely mean shooting without score.

Site Supporter
    Brownells just sent me my speed loaders, they were backorderd. I'm hesitant to do it this match if I haven't done any non-leisurely reloads to date.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm hesitant to do it this match if I haven't done any non-leisurely reloads to date.
    Me too.

Hmm -- Unofficial J-frame Match? I could go for that; I usually shoot with my L-frame (in the KSTG matches, that sixth round actually makes quite a difference), but I could be convinced to shoot my J-frame this time!

Quote Originally Posted by kle View Post
    Hmm -- Unofficial J-frame Match? I could go for that; I usually shoot with my L-frame (in the KSTG matches, that sixth round actually makes quite a difference), but I could be convinced to shoot my J-frame this time!
    Okay, I have an idea: if I can get in on the 9PM relay, I'll run my J-frame. Then I can run my scheduled 10PM relay with my L-frame -- I can compete against myself! ($10 says one of me is not going to win, and I have a pretty good idea which one it will be...).

Thanks for the match, folks. Good clean fun had by all.

Must say, I hate shoot boxes. I concede the point that the small ones do make you practice shooting from narrower stance, etc.; but generally anything that forces one to look at your feet and some shiny orange tape is just a bit too gamer for me.

Nonetheless, fellowship and time on the firing line are always appreciated. The ROs remain superb... and while Todd is missed, his tradition is in good hands. (Hopefully awaiting his soon return.)

Thanks to the Match Directors and NRA Staff and others who assisted with putting on the match. It was sufficiently challenging.

It's okay to say "Muzzle!" and "Cover!"....I am used to it in IDPA!! (Hmmm...that didn't sound so good)

Nice to be able to shoot indoors where it is heated while it is friggin ice age outside.

Thanks,
    Cody

User Tag List