Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New DD integrally suppressed rifle

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I have no interest in this. I would much prefer a new AAC Ranger 3 welded onto a BCM Kino upper. When I discussed this a while back on one of TOS' I was literally laughed at and ridiculed. Now DD does it in an inconvenient cartridge and some people love it. I may carry out my previous plan now in spite of everyone and risk going full Derp.

Just got back from SHOT, and apparently missed all the excitement:-) This SME thing really is a little silly, as all of us have made mistakes at one point or another, and are not always correct. Me especially. Having said that:

I have no operational experience/extensive trigger time with 300blk. I have shot it, and I have spent many hours talking about it. That includes talking to friends who were involved in the design of the cartridge and weapons. They tell me that it was meant to run and work out of a 9" barrel. I didn't ask them to prove that to me. Longer barrels have better balistics, but not much better. Shorter barrels don't have better ballistics, and may not run as well. The pressure curve is different than 5.56, and so it can function in a shorter envelope than the 5.56. 6" seems too short to me, but maybe not.

The interent is a wonderful resource, but not all conversations have links.

User Tag List