Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed carry on the job

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    If you are an at-will employee, then your employer can fire you for carrying even without a written policy.
    -- You bet, or for pretty much any reason.

Site Supporter
    You have to be alive to get fired. Seems like a pretty straightforward choice to me.

It's interesting. I generally won't carry into a friend or acquaintances' house unless I know that they're comfortable with it, especially if they have children. It seems rude. In some cases that means I don't visit some friends, and that's OK too. Likewise, I don't think I'd carry at a family-owned place of work unless I had a pretty good feel for how they felt about it -- but then, if I thought they were seriously going to object to it, and I had a high-risk occupation like a waitress, I might not choose to work there (if I had the luxury of choice). Not /terrifically/ black and white, but then so very little is.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghurd929 View Post
    I'm not really sure what the policy is. I work in a restaurant as a waitress and its a local family owned business.
    Does said establishment have a designated bar area and/or serve alcohol? In Florida that would play into the legality of it.

But, like others have said, you have to be alive to stand trial or get fined which really beats the alternative..

No we do not serve alcohol.

User Tag List