Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry on the job

Concealed carry on the job

I was curious as to what the law is about concealed carry at your job. I have a carry permit but I was just curious. Thanks in advance.

It depends on where you live, and where you work. I think a detailed reading of your state carry statues would be needed. There's not some federal law that says "folks can't carry guns at their workplace".
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Many employers forbid employees from bringing weapons onto company property. Violations can lead to immediate termination. Violators can also be charged with trespassing if they do not leave immediately when asked to.

Some state have laws that allow employees to keep legally owned firearms locked in their vehicles on their employer's property.

Much of it has to do with company policy, not the law. Depending on where you work, you might not get arrested, but you will get fired for violating company policy.

Many employers forbid employees from bringing weapons onto company property. Violations can lead to immediate termination. Violators can also be charged with trespassing if they do not leave immediately when asked to.

Some state have laws that allow employees to keep legally owned firearms locked in their vehicles on their employer's property. Example: http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ne...ion-signe.aspx

Whoops! Sorry about the double post.
    Last edited by peterb; 01-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Very true gents....

NPE protocals....concealed means concealed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Local P&P controls the act. Some industries may have special regulation in statute (medical, educational, government, etc). If you're not confident in the answer you'll receive at the local level, I wouldn't advertise your interest or possible intent. Do a cost:benefit.

I have to carry at my day job. They even want me to carry an extra gun, too. A little harder to carry at my PT job though. Still, is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post

How did you get TC's 2012 vacation pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Local P&P controls the act. Some industries may have special regulation in statute (medical, educational, government, etc). If you're not confident in the answer you'll receive at the local level, I wouldn't advertise your interest or possible intent. Do a cost:benefit.

I have to carry at my day job. They even want me to carry an extra gun, too. A little harder to carry at my PT job though. Still, is nice.

Decent hip flexors. Just decent though. Off body or in body carry?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I work corrections so no "concealed" carry at work for me.

User Tag List