Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Action Patrol Rifle

Lever Action Patrol Rifle

The class is open to GA certified peace officers (current or retired).

I received a message from a cop who was appalled that I would teach such a course. Here is my response:

Leverguns: Getting the Job Done Since 1860

Site Supporter
    I'd be all over a class like that. I smile just thinking about it.

Cookie Monster

That's a great response.

As a non-LEO civilian I rarely have a long gun present unless going hunting or to the range. I have, however considered having a long gun in my vehicle more often. I'm eyeing my old .30-30 right now, especially since I rarely hunt with it and if (though I don't want this to happen and woud certainly try to avoid it) it was stolen, I'd be a lot less upset than my AR being gone. It's also not an EBR which is sometimes an advantage.

S.M.E., STAFF, Very Pro Dentist, Chuck Haggard's Avatar
    The last I knew Oklahoma CLEET had a lever gun patrol rifle course as well.

A guy I know is trying to figure out a way to get a Marlin chambered in .357Sig. The ballistics would be impressive for a PCC, and you should be able to stack like 15-18 rounds in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    The last I knew Oklahoma CLEET had a lever gun patrol rifle course as well.
    I "net know" a guy who took that class.

S.M.E., STAFF, Very Pro Dentist, Chuck Haggard's Avatar
    As far as suitability for patrol work, think about this scenario;

North Hollywood, the bank robbers walk out in the exact same manner that we know they did, but the first two responding officers are now armed with Marlin 30-30s with ghost ring sights and maybe a T-1 on top, magazine full of Nosler Partitions, and they have been to a good rifle class.

I think that shoot-out would have been way closer to being two shots fired than a couple of thousand.

If I worked in an area with big bears I would want a tricked out 45-70 in my car to go with my AR15

Great option and an even better response. I feel too many people put faith in the latest and greatest gear and forget that as long as the good guy hits the mark, the job is done.
    But hey, the country is going to hell and we will all be in re-education camps in a year. So what the hell do I have to lose? - Sensei

Nice article. I've heard properly equipped lever guns referred to in the past as "50 State" rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I received a message from a cop who was appalled that I would teach such a course. Here is my response:

Leverguns: Getting the Job Done Since 1860
    Can I come work for you?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio