Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapper "Big Boi" of Outkast on libertarianism and the 2nd Amendment.

Rapper "Big Boi" of Outkast on libertarianism and the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...action_ref_map

An interesting perspective. As interesting as it is, wait until the clip is over and it'll go to the next one, where Big Boi very clearly understands the 2nd Amendment. The best part is that he's very articulate, calm, collected, and rational. This is the kind of spokesperson we need, not Yeager or Alex Jones.
    Last edited by LHS; 01-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Link is broken.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Link is broken.
    Fixed.

Outkast has always struck me as odd as a group, now in one more way.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't want a spokesman for libertarianism and the 2a being anything other than squeaky clean, and after his arrest/plea bargain for ecstasy, he's not it. It's not that I think what someone does in the privacy of their own home is anyone else's business if the aren't harming anyone, it's the idea that going through customs with X and unsubscribed boner pills on your person shows lack of intelligence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    I don't want a spokesman for libertarianism and the 2a being anything other than squeaky clean, and after his arrest/plea bargain for ecstasy, he's not it. It's not that I think what someone does in the privacy of their own home is anyone else's business if the aren't harming anyone, it's the idea that going through customs with X and unsubscribed boner pills on your person shows lack of intelligence.
    A fair point. I'd still wager he does less damage than Yeager or Jones.

Although I understand Big Boi and Ice T are not entirely exculpable in certain instances, the presence of figures such as them in pop culture espousing these beliefs are completely beneficial, regardless of past discrepancies.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I will be the first to say that if all he has is what Wikipedia says, getting caught with ecstasy, then I am A-OK with that. That is, in the big picture, almost nothing these days and far better than what Yeager has done.

America can relate to someone who did some shit on a cruise and got busted coming back. I scroll down my Facebook friends list and I can't think of anyone who can relate to Yeager...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Seriously can't believe people are making a big deal about someone who got caught on E once.

That's right up there with 'don't represent me unless you've never smoked a cigarette or gotten drunk.'

It'll be a long wait for a pop culture person who is a libertarian and some kind of jesus figure.

Getting caught with recreational drugs isn't itself necessarily a disqualifier. Getting caught with recreational drugs on your person, while going through customs, considering the likelihood of a physical search, shows more than a little stupidity.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List