Thread: Flash mob

Site Supporter

Flash mob

I've never been in a flash mob. But in light of the recent incident in the Organ mall, I wonder what the alert levels would be leading up to the actual outburst of song. Would somebody who stays aware of their surroundings start to feel the hair on the back of their neck stand up? People standing around obviously waiting for something. Maybe even catch a couple of folks making eye contact. Just seems like I'd be getting a little nervous until it became obvious that these folks would be singing rather than shooting.
    Anybody actually been in one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post

I've never been in a flash mob. But in light of the recent incident in the Organ mall, I wonder what the alert levels would be leading up to the actual outburst of song. Would somebody who stays aware of their surroundings start to feel the hair on the back of their neck stand up? People standing around obviously waiting for something. Maybe even catch a couple of folks making eye contact. Just seems like I'd be getting a little nervous until it became obvious that these folks would be singing rather than shooting.
    No but if I noticed those signs I would GTFO.

Thats Children of the Corn shit right there!

If only that's where the phenom stayed. I'd love to stumble into one like that. That was neat.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

the master of this kind of stuff is: Improv Everywhere

http://improveverywhere.com/

http://improveverywhere.com/missions/

I would waste whole days at a previous job watching all their events. It is really hard to pick a best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Majeure View Post
    I like the vid and singing an all but that's funny right there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thank you I wept with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Majeure View Post
    I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    I pity you.
    And I pity your lack of a sense of humor.

I would think it depends in large part on the appearance of those who are mobbing. A bunch of clean-cut older men and women wouldn't make the "oh shit" alarm go off nearly as much as a bunch of young folks who looked and acted like a bunch of gang-bangers.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List