Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visible Laser Questions

I have a rail master on the bulk of my ARs. They are not ATPIALs. But they work in the same scenarios. You just have to understand they don't hold up to abuse, and it also serves to advertise your location. If it's an RDS or laser, I'd choose RDS. If it is RDS AND laser, and you have the funds, and desire, who the fuck am I to talk you out of it. It has a niche role, and works well for engaging targets in less conventional shooting positions.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I have a rail master on the bulk of my ARs. They are not ATPIALs. But they work in the same scenarios. You just have to understand they don't hold up to abuse, and it also serves to advertise your location. If it's an RDS or laser, I'd choose RDS. If it is RDS AND laser, and you have the funds, and desire, who the fuck am I to talk you out of it. It has a niche role, and works well for engaging targets in less conventional shooting positions.
    I have a few lasergrips in red, and a green rail mounted laser.
    The green is a lot brighter, and will light up a room, and will light up dust particles in the air.

I much prefer the red for that very reason. And under NODs, all lasers look green.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Sean,

Just to be clear, when you are saying RDS or laser, are you talking primary or secondary optic? Or "yes", and a vis laser is only good as a tertiary optic in your opinion?

RDS is my primary, laser is secondary. Irons are third. In my hierarchy anyway.

Except at night. Then laser become primary when using NODs, whether hunting critters or hunting assholes, laser/NODs is the best method.

But if I didn't have an RDS on my rifle, I'd buy that before bothering with a laser.

Did that clear it up Jerry?

User Tag List