Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My response to Senator Feinstein, President Obama, and friends

Thanks Calvin!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Good stuff!

I wish it wasn't falling on so many deaf ears.

Great letter, thanks Calvin! Would you mind if I shared this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Great letter, thanks Calvin! Would you mind if I shared this?
    Absolutely! Spread it around to whoever you like. I am going to add a section retorting the 'why don't we just take them all away like the UK' argument as well, which I am currently working on.

Quoting Thomas Jefferson and invoking the Second Amendment is not going to be enough this time. The meme has become 'assault weapons and assault magazines are especially dangerous and unusual devices that have no place in American life.

The meme has to become 'semiautomatic rifles are no more dangerous than many other types of firearms, and are tools that rational civilians might employ for legitimate purposes'. The meme about magazines has to become 'last year, it took the NYPD 16 shots to stop an active gunman at the Empire State Building. Ten rounds might not be enough in certain legitimate cases of self defense. While these situations are very rare, they are less rare than public mass shootings'.

It is going to be very important for people in the law enforcement community to speak up and validate these points to the public and their elected representatives, as they might be taken seriously.

Please do, this is not a left/right issue, this is a fundamental constitutional issue!

Quote Originally Posted by sikacz View Post
    Please do, this is not a left/right issue, this is a fundamental constitutional issue!
    Let's start calling them Authoritarians in government. Many on the left believe in helping the disadvantaged and in social justice and only buy into gun control because of its presumed positive effects on society. Divide and conquer: separate the Authoritarian elements from the rest and call them out for what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    Let's start calling them Authoritarians in government. Many on the left believe in helping the disadvantaged and in social justice and only buy into gun control because of its presumed positive effects on society. Divide and conquer: separate the Authoritarian elements from the rest and call them out for what they really are.
    Agreed, we don't need to divide gun owners....we need to draw in people with reason, expressed with calm and conviction.

User Tag List