Thread: Green Framed P229

Green Framed P229

Anyone know what the scoop is on green framed 229's? I have one source that says they are kind of rare, but source is questionable.

Nothing from Exeter is surprising.

Gonna go out on a limb & say they're probably about as rare as the rainbow, diamond plate, & scorpion editions.

Multiple levels of management had to have said, "Yes, this is a good idea".

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post

I know a few people that got those because they were pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post

That picture is more offending than a Justin Bieber song.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    That picture is more offending than a Justin Bieber song.
    So what? If it prompts more good people to buy guns, I'm happy about it. I don't care what kind of silly cosmetics Sig puts out, as long as their guns work (and there we seem to have a problem in recent years). Not all guns, even those intended for defense, must be black, OD or FDE. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with a pink or rainbow carry pistol, if that's what the shooter prefers.

The only SIG which I recall seeing with a factory green frame was a Mosquito. Saw some advertised in different color schemes with a Cerakote finish but the only one I actually handled was a reverse two tone. There were some "Israeli" P228s floating around that were refinished in OD with a star of David stamped on the frame? That any of these were rare probably depends on how you define "rare."
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 12-31-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I recall in the Fall of 2006 when the P220 Combat was released there were also some P229Rs with a similar appearance, black Nitron slide and an FDE/OD colored frame. Everyone I saw was .40S&W and the rumor at sigforum was that they were some type of .gov contract overrun. No idea how factual that is but that was the rumor. You may look over at Sigforum for additional info.

My guess is the lack of information means there is either nothing to it, or it isn't a factory finish. Either way, doesn't really matter. I bought the gun to shoot it, and shoot it I will.

User Tag List