Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Y'alls opinion on 'aim-point' shooting?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Just don't say his name. Thanks to Google Alerts, everybody can be Beetlejuice now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Smile Caleb, Doc & the Peanut Gallery ;p

Doc Caleb
    Caleb, I know what you mean. I used to be into traditional longbows (late teens, early 20's) and became good enough to not have to consciously aim. I could look at where I wanted the arrow, and that's where it went. It makes sense that firearms would be the same way.

Doc, so..... Aim point shooting is good? I'd have preferred a consensus, but the responses were overwhelmingly negative so I stick with tried and true. As I am no Olympic marksman it makes sense to become exceptionally proficient in the traditional way before trying that. But your response was important because I KNOW that at some future point I will try to learn this technique.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoply View Post
    Doc, so..... Aim point shooting is good?
    DocGKR was making a funny: Aimpoint.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    You guys are all full of it. I love Aimpoint shooting. I started using Aimpoints many years ago, slowly progressing from the Comp M2, to Comp M3, and now H1/T1's. I use Aimpoints on my handguns, shotguns, and rifles--Aimpoint shooting rocks!
    This, though I'm just starting my Aimpoint journey. Also, I shoot people with my middle finger all the time. Just ask my boss.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

As mentioned, DocGKR was jokingly referring to using Aimpoint optics (presumably on longarms).

Quote Originally Posted by Panoply View Post
    Doc, so..... Aim point shooting is good? I'd have preferred a consensus, but the responses were overwhelmingly negative so I stick with tried and true. As I am no Olympic marksman it makes sense to become exceptionally proficient in the traditional way before trying that. But your response was important because I KNOW that at some future point I will try to learn this technique.

When you say, "because I KNOW that at some future point I will try to learn this technique." Are you referring to middle finger triggerpulling or to using an AImpoint on a longarm?

User Tag List