Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The official "You've got to be kidding me!" price gouging thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    Big retailers (brownells, dsg) are starting to ship out a large number of Pmags so I think the days of the $75-100 pmag are past us. On the other hand, glock mags are selling for 45-55 apiece with no signs of letting up just yet.
    I know how many magazines I own, and therefore do not own enough.

Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I know how many magazines I own, and therefore do not own enough.

Got a link?
    I think he means theyre starting to ship out their backorder, I just got 5 gen3 p-mags that I had backordered in mid December last Wednesday.

Is it wrong to aid someone willing to allow you to price gouge? I almost sold a lower for $450 when I jokingly said I would undercut someone by $50.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Is it wrong to aid someone willing to allow you to price gouge? I almost sold a lower for $450 when I jokingly said I would undercut someone by $50.
    I don't think so. If the buyers are setting the market, then let them have it. Like someone else pointed out earlier, it's not actually gouging. It's not like you're having a bidding war on the last 10 gallons of water at the supermarket 5 days into a power outtage.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't think so. If the buyers are setting the market, then let them have it. Like someone else pointed out earlier, it's not actually gouging. It's not like you're having a bidding war on the last 10 gallons of water at the supermarket 5 days into a power outtage.
    I decided to keep it. I am not independently wealthy but I will be able to replace $450 if something does get passed, I may not be able to replace a lower.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ok,
    We have a winner! Was at the ATX gun show today and I saw a lot of "GTFO'H" pricing but the best/worst thing I saw was Federal 525 Round Bulk Packs of .22 for $249.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Ok,
    We have a winner! Was at the ATX gun show today and I saw a lot of "GTFO'H" pricing but the best/worst thing I saw was Federal 525 Round Bulk Packs of .22 for $249.95.
    I wasn't joking about the scarcity of 22 down here in Texas....just wrong.

One of my buddies picked up a AR and then bought a mag at our Gun Club for a redonkyless $56, I gave him a new BCM mag to lessen the sting.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    I wasn't joking about the scarcity of 22 down here in Texas....just wrong.

One of my buddies picked up a AR and then bought a mag at our Gun Club for a redonkyless $56, I gave him a new BCM mag to lessen the sting.
    Luckily, my wife and I both either work near or pass an Academy on the way to work each day and CCI standard velocity seems to be showing up regularly so we are slowly building a supply 50 rds at a time.

Dulles gun show this weekend. Pmags down to $35, other ar types $25 as best price. Some vendors still out of line at $40 or higher for junk, but not moving. Insane, esp since the Izzy elanders are shipping at less than $20 for what is a decent HK clone. Ak mags down to $30.

Colt ARs holding at $2500 from good dealers. But smaller guys pushing no name ans frankenbuilds for that to 3 grand plus. AKs all over the map, from $1300 to 2 grand no rhyme or reason. Everything from arsenal to tantal to century parts builds. Okay raw numbers of weapons but still moving fast.

Oddest thing was price hike on second tier demand due to shortage of glock , m&p types. Crazy things like extra hundred or two added to ruger LCRs, makarovs, and others almost randomly. You,d guess SKS would be up (and they were), but this was poor.

Looks like FNS is picking up good market share as they are in channel. Holding at $600 to 650. Apparently, so too m1 carbines and lever actions, at their own price points. Somewhat scary though that almost no mosins to be seen, and declining volumes of x54 at rising prices ($280 per crate of two spam cans)

Other ammo is insane also. Over a buck a round for green tip 556. Tula 9mm at $380 per thou, what federal was moving at three months ago. Brass case 9mm at $450 per thou or more. No 5.45 to be found. .40 smith and .45 north of 500 per case.

I'd like to say this can't last, but wouldn't have any confidence in that statement.

OD Green Glock collection on GB right now

19 pieces, bid is at 19,600 w/ 6 days left

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=328298168

User Tag List