Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The official "You've got to be kidding me!" price gouging thread.

Here's one. $1169.99 for a lower parts kit. Shipping extra! It is a "National Match" kit after all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    They claimed S&W has raised the price on dealers/distributors
    We should ask them for the distributor's name.

IIRC, a lot of their stuff has Davidson's tags.

I like the ones that have a story...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/19...ml#post2234248

Was going to hang on to this but my divorce is costing me a little more than I thought (alot more than I wanted). I am not desperate and the only reason I'm even considering selling it is because of its current inflated value. If your going to pm me that your not willing to pay craze prices then don't bother, don't want to hear it. If prices weren't this high I would not even consider selling it. Its simply supply and demand, and right now demand is at an all time high this item.
    Judging by the pics, his ex did not get the washer and dryer... yet.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 01-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    Here's one. $1169.99 for a lower parts kit. Shipping extra! It is a "National Match" kit after all.
    My favorite part of that auction: "The Hogue grip is normally available as an upgrade for an extra $17.99, but email before bidding to confirm."
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I like the ones that have a story...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/19...ml#post2234248

Judging by the pics, his ex did not get the washer and dryer... yet.

Looks like she got the washer...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/19...ml#post2241677
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I'll admit I sold my 6 yr old Bushmaster with an Aimpoint clone for $1300 last week. Sold in a flash too, so to me that says I got a good price that the market would bear.

Didn't feel bad at all knowing I paid $700 for it.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

I sold a few 20 rd PMAGs locally and used the proceeds to buy a brand new Glock 17 Gen 4.

PSA MOE Lower Build Kit for 375...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325127755

I'm selling my lower and lower build kit this evening. Even if/when prices come back down from the hysteria, I carry a handgun at work and around town so this has been a good wake up call to focus my time/energy on the tool I will most likely have available. If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    ...... If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.
    I was at the Market Hall show last weekend. Serious zoo atmosphere. But I did run into Nyeti, so it was worth the admission.

Shotgun prices were above normal, but not stupidly so. I saw a fair number of 870 Express shotguns for about $400, and some used 870 Wingmasters you could turn into social guns. Those were running about $500. Still too rich for me. I saw exactly two 870 Police Magnums NIB. One was $900, the other $999.

I'm waiting for mid-February, when all the credit card bills come crashing down around people's heads. Plus, there's tax time coming up. A lot of people are going to have to scrape up some cash to pay Uncle Sugar. I bet you can get a decent deal in about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    PSA MOE Lower Build Kit for 375...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325127755

I'm selling my lower and lower build kit this evening. Even if/when prices come back down from the hysteria, I carry a handgun at work and around town so this has been a good wake up call to focus my time/energy on the tool I will most likely have available. If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.
    Damn, I ordered 2 yesterday when they were in stock for half the price of one.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List