Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The official "You've got to be kidding me!" price gouging thread.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Is that gouging?
    It can't be. There is no such thing as "gouging".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I have plenty I will sell. For the right price.

High on the list are an unfired Noveske/VTAC Recce, and a LaRue PredatAR in 7.62mm. I won't take anything near what I paid for them, but if someone is willing to pay double or so, then I could let them walk away without too much heartache. GF's Daniel Defense might be in jeopardy as well if the price is right.

Is that gouging?

No one is holding a gun to the head of the buyer forcing them to buy anything..............and these items that are flying off the shelves, and being sold at ridiculous prices are not necessities. The buyer is making a conscious decision to pay that amount for these items.

The value of any item is what someone will pay for it. Pricing on any item in any store is determined the exact same way.
    DING DING DING

We have ourselves a winner.

The only people I will listen to when complaining about "price gouging" are those who insist on paying full retail price on everything, even if it is on sale, or better yet....on clearance. Those people can complain. Otherwise, we ALL play the pricing game with supply and demand. I'm the guy who shelled out the money for a "Mini Draco Pistol" for no other reason than I am sure the feds are going to ban these someday, and I am cashing in. We all do it with everything. Why do you think people are standing in line at Walmart at 0300 on Black Friday, it isn't to pay full boat retail. Anyone feel bad for Walmart selling all that stuff so cheap? Of course, when they are better prepared than FEMA to provide services and supplies after a major catastrophe, they are still expected to sell at bargain prices.

I have found that the best thing to do is be a loyal customer. I get a good deal all the time from the retail gun shops I use because I am consistent. I know I am one of the few gunwriters who actually buys their stuff at retail locations and doesn't get them from the manufacturers, but it helps for always getting a fair deal because the shops I use do not look at me as a one time hit.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Dayyyyuuuummmmm........

CTD is now running $1000 for a case of Lake City M855. What was it last week, $799?

Wowzers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

You can get better cartridges for $1 per round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Yeah it thinking about cashing over some toys for newer shinier ones myself. Funny part is the stuff I've found still available. Buddy bought a DPMS LR308 (not for the the fact that it's the greatest .30$, but it's all he has been able to find within his price range) for $1000 ou the door. Catch and reason he found it was because its a .260 rem and the guys that buy up AR15s don't even know how to spell .260 much less understand the uses for such a rifle!

I saw shtuff sold out at gun stores the I'd NEVER buy, and found plenty of Glocks, bolt guns, and .22s. Stuff I'd see using if TSHTF. I'm sure XD .40s are going for WAY above retail by now along with Kel Tec .40 cal folding guns!

Yea, it's getting nuts. Hmmm, I got several 33 round Glock 9mm mags. I may just have to advertise on my local gunboard and see if I anyone is willling to trade me for a Glock 17.

Site Supporter
    On a brighter note, I just scored 10 x 30 round PMags ... for about $20 each. I say 'about' because we traded for some ammo.

It's nice when friends hoard different things, it's useful for trading.

Saw a $2500 M&P 15 today at a LGS. They claimed S&W has raised the price on dealers/distributors, but the M&P 9's are till $525 on the shelf. Go figure.

User Tag List