Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy with a question

Thank you for the fast and informative info. The suggested upgrades and plain talk. Will post back when I get it, hopefully in next couple weeks.

Before you do anything to it, other than perhaps new sights, shoot 3000 or so rounds through it to see how it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by EOD_Paul View Post
    this fool thinking he can persuade me to get some blingy .45 like I'm infantry or something.
    Haha good poke at the stupid sticks, well done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One of my G4 34's has the GlockTriggers.com Guardian with a G3 trigger bar and polished stock parts, and the other just a minus connector and otherwise stock parts, and both triggers have grown on me so much I prefer them to a G3 trigger. They have enough roll and weight that I think of them as shorter P30 LEM triggers, and are very predictable/shootable.
    I've been waffling which 34; Gen 3 for the trigger or Gen 4 for the mechanical accuracy and texture and chose Gen 4 today. Trigger is very decent. Tomorrow I'll see how she runs initially.

Edit: First 200 rounds GTG - very consistent 4:00 pattern albeit only about 3 feet.
    Last edited by JHC; 12-27-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Speaking of breaking in a pistol, is there a magic number or till i feel as the shooter can lay judgement?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EOD_Paul View Post
    Speaking of breaking in a pistol, is there a magic number or till i feel as the shooter can lay judgement?
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ound-Challenge

The 2k is interesting but I think Todd's described it as excessive. It's also inadequate to the task of froglamping the gen 4 problem, which seems to show up at 3-5k from what I gather.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    The 2k is interesting but I think Todd's described it as excessive. It's also inadequate to the task of froglamping the gen 4 problem, which seems to show up at 3-5k from what I gather.
    And elsewhere, 800-1500 rounds or so is the interval of consensus for issues to materialize or be found absent. Further illustrating the problems in the identification of "problems" in these guns.

I am new too,thanks for the advice,helpful thread.

Issues with the glocks both gen 3 and gen 4 are truly hit or miss.

Choose the generation that suits your needs/style more. I prefer the gen 4 version with the larger mag release button and also the adjustable back straps. I also believe their is less recoil due to the recoil spring, but that may really just be my imagination as I've been told its that way

If you happen to be unfortunate enough to end up with a misbehaving Glock, the process is pretty simple to get it back to Glock for them to fix it on their dime. Yes, you can have issues and they can send parts to your local armorer to swap out, but then you also have to take the gun back to the range and spend more of your $$$ to diagnose of the issue has been resolved.

Anyway, wishing you the very best. Welcome to the forum!

J
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List