Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 36

I carried a Glock 21 for 9 years on the road before going undercover and would say that if I had to go back to uniform and a .45 was required it would be a hard choice for me between e Glock 21 and the HK 45. That being said I was issued a Glock 36 for a backup weapon and during the 12 years I had it I never cleaned it and only shot it during qualifications as the gun never felt right for me. Needless to say it never had a malfunction of any sort I just be never cared for the ergonomics of the gun. I would buy one if it fits your hand and it meets any other criteria you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've been on a bit of a small gun kick lately and would really like to add a small 45 to the mix.
    If you ultimately decide that the G36 is not your cup of tea, I have heard nothing but positive reports on the Springfield XD(s). You may want to take a look at them before you make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    If you ultimately decide that the G36 is not your cup of tea, I have heard nothing but positive reports on the Springfield XD(s). You may want to take a look at them before you make a decision.
    I've had my hands on one and it felt like a cheese grader. I wasn't able to shoot it though so it's difficult to judge it just by "feel". As someone else mentioned, it would probably be a good idea for me to wait until after the shot show and see what pops up there. Maybe Glock will do something crazy and finally release a single stack G19 or a slim G30. I'm kidding of course.

These are my carry pistols.

I carry the G36 most in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. It is reliable and accurate and lighter than my other pistols... but I do like variety. My Custom Carry Compact is just as reliable as my glock and extra mags are easier to carry, but as the G36 is lighter, the 1911 gets left home mostly. The Beretta is the bulkiest of the group (single stack Type M) but I bought that more as to extend the collection more than as a carry pistol.

FWIW: I have full size versions of all three and the Glocks get shot and trained with most. Also, I am a die hard 1911 fan, but I prefer Glocks for use as tools.

User Tag List