Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NY - Newspaper posts pistol permit holder map

So, what happens if some of these houses are broken into?
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

As i watched the news today someone commented, "gun owners act like a home invasion happens everyday." ....I guess not, so hey police officers take the day off today because crime has Thursdays off

Soooo tempting to put together a Google Map of the addresses of the editors and writers responsible for this assault on privacy and safety.
    #RESIST

Freedom of speech right.

Seriously this is f'ing wrong. Most of the chl holders are higher echelons right?...Don't they feel VIOLATED? Use your powers for once for the good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Alternative view on this whole fiasco. I'm not advocating it, but it is an interesting, deeper, long-term view of the issue:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215297

"So is the problem that some newspaper published data? No, it is that you first demanded that your neighbor seek permission to defend his own life or exercise his liberty, and then once he did, you got*****ed that someone else used their right to liberty to publish information that you gave up due to an unlawful demand that you voluntarily complied with?"
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    "So is the problem that some newspaper published data? No, it is that you first demanded that your neighbor seek permission to defend his own life or exercise his liberty, and then once he did, you got*****ed that someone else used their right to liberty to publish information that you gave up due to an unlawful demand that you voluntarily complied with?"
    I'm assuming that's Denninger?

There's a lily pad missing in his logic chain, there. See if you can spot where the frog goes in the water:

"You, the reader, demanded that your neighbor register his guns."

"He, your neighbor, complied."

"Now you, the reader, are mad because your name got published because your neighbor demanded you register your guns and you did and now he's using his First Amendment rights."
    Did you see that? The viewpoint character bizarrely shifts from one neighbor to the other in the middle of the sentence. The more time goes by, the more convinced I am that Karl Denninger's cheese is sliding off his ****ing cracker.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm assuming that's Denninger?

There's a lily pad missing in his logic chain, there. See if you can spot where the frog goes in the water:

Did you see that? The viewpoint character bizarrely shifts from one neighbor to the other in the middle of the sentence. The more time goes by, the more convinced I am that Karl Denninger's cheese is sliding off his ****ing cracker.
    I agree that Denninger can get a bit...overzesty shall we say, but I do like his 'breaking of the box' in the one regard that we, as a society, have let our liberties go gently into that good night.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Soooo tempting to put together a Google Map of the addresses of the editors and writers responsible for this assault on privacy and safety.
    I've seen several pictures posted of their houses on Facebook.

An updated list of the Reportards from the aforementioned blog that includes the editor that stands by the decision:

http://christopherfountain.wordpress...-journal-news/

Group buy on a billboard in the bad part of their city with their address and unarmed status?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List