Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sadly I live here.

Sadly I live here.

I'm glad to know that my tax money is being put to good use. I'm glad that my tax money is paying this @ssholes salary.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video...Guns/184047111

Short summary: my police department is melting down their MP40's, because the chief does not want them to get into the wrong hands. And get this--he says that there is no need for police to have them.

Step 1 disarm the public, step 2 disarm the police, step 3 cry as how this could ever happen in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post
    I'm glad to know that my tax money is being put to good use. I'm glad that my tax money is paying this @ssholes salary.

Short summary: my police department is melting down their MP40's, because the chief does not want them to get into the wrong hands. And get this--he says that there is no need for police to have them.

Step 1 disarm the public, step 2 disarm the police, step 3 cry as how this could ever happen in our society.
    I wonder if the good chief would turn down free USGI supplied DRMO M-16's?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post

The people on the East side of our state need their heads checked. Idiots.

Site Supporter
    WOW

What a waste of some nice gun's.

Just because you cant see a need for them doesn't mean that they will never be needed.

Preaching to the choir here but hey.

"If we would need it, that's when we would call the State Police or County SWAT....."

Obviously, this police chief has never been through any active shooter program, and is missing the point.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Interesting thinking.

Also, "Harry Hairston" is THE best name for a local TV journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "If we would need it, that's when we would call the State Police or County SWAT....."

Obviously, this police chief has never been through any active shooter program, and is missing the point.
    At the very least, he could try to give/sell them to the state police or county SWAT, rather than throwing a big wad of taxpayer cash in a blast furnace.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I just can't wrap my head around this type of reasoning. It's like a citizen who doesn't need to own a gun because if something bad happens, they can just call the police.

Maybe this gent and the Board of Commissioners' sole lifetime experience is living and policing in a small town with 30 second average response times to the one annual 911 call about a cat in a tree, but I still find that hard to believe. I wonder what county SWAT's response time is.

At least they aren't being hypocritical. There is something refreshing about a "citizens shouldn't have these so neither should we argument" from the government. Actually, we may want to encourage this...

Philly has oodles of cash, right? Great big buckets of money, so they can afford to just piss, er, melt it away?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Philly has oodles of cash, right? Great big buckets of money, so they can afford to just piss, er, melt it away?
    It's easy to waste other peoples money.:banghead:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List