Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shivworks - Armed Movement In Structures - June 4-5, 2011 Culpepper, Virginia.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Shivworks - Armed Movement In Structures - June 4-5, 2011 Culpepper, Virginia.

Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS)

Instructor: PF.com SME SouthNarc

The ShivWorks Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS) course is a twenty hour block of instruction focusing on negotiating movement problems within structures with limited or no resources. Realizing that moving through a structure that contains armed hostiles, perhaps by one’s self, is probably the most dangerous task one can undertake, the best options for winning a confrontation are presented with the qualification that there is no safe way to do this.

Topics covered include:

Day One (12 hours):

•Viewing the environment in terms of the unseen
    •Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal planes of visual obscurement
    •Distance variables and the visual apex
    •Threshold evaluation
    •Dynamic and Deliberate movement
    •Room Entry factors (known versus unknown)
    •Minimizing multiple exposure
    •Modifying the fighting platform to conform to cover and concealment
    •Re-setting/Disrupting the adversary’s OODA loop
    •Chalk board exercises
    •Dry-runs
    •FoF evolutions
    •Low-light module

Day Two (8 hours)

•Practical Exercises for egress, search, and third-party rescue

Equipment Required:

Airsoft pistol, airsoft ammunition, wrap around eye/face protection suitable for Airsoft and man-marking cartridges, holster, groin protection, flashlight, and a notebook.

Course cost:

20 hours of instruction is $400.00

Point of contact: "SouthNarc" csd1375@hotmail.com

I'm very excited to take this course. It comes with the highest recommendation from some very switched on people.

EDIT -

I've already fielded a couple of equipment questions about the type of airsoft guns recommended for the course. From SouthNarc:

Anyone of the semi-auto gas guns should be fine TC. We're not grappling with them so anything relatively reliable should do.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 04-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.

We are diminished
    I'm already signed up and cannot wait. Most classes that deal with 'room clearing' are based on team tactics even when they're being taught to individuals. Southnarc's program is specifically intended from the ground up for individuals to deal with realistic problems that bridge the gap between "hunker down and wait for the cops to arrive" and "stack up with your Elite Team cohorts."

If you've ever said something like "I may have to fight my way to the kids' room" or ever considered what it would be like to find yourself in the middle of an active shooter incident, this seems like the perfect class.

really looking forward to AAR's of this course.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

We are diminished
    Just a few weeks away and I realize I don't have an airsoft Glock. Looks like all of the really nice ones (gas operated blowback) are sold out just about everywhere. Looks like I may have to drag along one of my M&P or P30's instead.

I wonder if I could just use my G17/T? I have a whole case of ten year old FX cartridges that are probably only occasionally lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Just a few weeks away and I realize I don't have an airsoft Glock. Looks like all of the really nice ones (gas operated blowback) are sold out just about everywhere. Looks like I may have to drag along one of my M&P or P30's instead.

I wonder if I could just use my G17/T? I have a whole case of ten year old FX cartridges that are probably only occasionally lethal.
    I've got a pretty decent one I'll mail you if you like.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

I can put you in touch with someone if you're looking to buy your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    really looking forward to AAR's of this course.
    When the course reviews are up I imagine there will be a number of people who spend considerable amounts of time kicking themselves for having missed the opportunity. This course announcement has drawn people from so far away that they're flying a privately owned plane in just to have the opportunity to take this training.

That's a big clue as to the quality of the program SouthNarc puts on, folks. I've had the opportunity to train with a lot of different folks in the industry and SouthNarc has had probably the most universally positive feedback from students and from other instructors of anyone I can think of.

...that is saying something.

If you have the chance to make this course, I promise you won't regret the investment. I've never met someone who went through one of his programs without an overhaul in their thinking and rave reviews on the usefulness and applicability of the content.

I'm looking forward to handing over the check for the tuition.

I'm in...yea!

TC- your points are exactly why I've already talked with SN about coming here next year. The plan is for him to be the headliner of a weeks worth of classes at my facility. Hopefully Todd will be in there too.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List