Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The marketplace reacts to the news...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I have tons of five round K98 stripper clips. Still no panic buy rush on those, darn it.
    When Steyr-Mannlicher M95 clips pass $10 each, I'm cashing out and retiring.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Are you guys seeing shortages of pistol caliber ammo? .....
    Yes. The local Wally World was completely empty on pistol ammo on Monday. I have not looked since. I'm sitting out all the panic buying.

I did get 1200 rounds of PMC Bronze .223 about 3 weeks ago at a good price, along with 1200 rounds of S&B 9mm. In retrospect, that turned out to be a very wise decision. At least I have enough ammo for my Pat McNamara class in a few months, even if prices stay stupid for a while.

As others have mentioned, I am waiting for the post-Christmas credit card bills to arrive. That's when I go shopping for a nice barely-used deer rifle, in February.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    As others have mentioned, I am waiting for the post-Christmas credit card bills to arrive. That's when I go shopping for a nice barely-used deer rifle, in February.
    That's when I buy most of my big-ticket items. Pawn shops are great around February

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That's when I buy most of my big-ticket items. Pawn shops are great around February
    Exactly. A few years back, I picked up a Remington 870 Police Magnum for $250 that way. Blued steel and in great shape. Even the wood was perfect.

I'd love to pick up an 18" model with lots of wear this year, just to have a beater shotgun for the range.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Also agree. The sell off after the 2008 Election Panic was a great time to pick up a few items that had been on the list for a while. Here's hoping that we are discussing the flood of reasonably priced ammo, mags and firearms in the market next Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    This is my plan early next year, to switch to gen4 glox during the sell-off. I'm thinking of putting my bushmaster on gunbroker, to fund a twin for my ddm4v1 in a few months...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Was walking the dog tonight, and stopped by Cabela's. They did have 9mm ammo in stock, but had a sign that stated no one could buy more than 10 boxes on anything. They did have some cans of .223. Nothing was "scalped", it was regular price, they just would not let you load up a van full.

The used gun racks looked pretty sparse, too. Only one AR there, if you want to call it that. A DPMS Oracle - bee-arf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    When Steyr-Mannlicher M95 clips pass $10 each, I'm cashing out and retiring.
    Yep... Sell em like its 1939... or something.

Used WASR-10 just went for $1300 on Gunbroker...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just waiting on the FAL mag panic.......Come on, baby!
    I have sold off a couple dozen of those lately on GB. I had 6 of the Steyr ones go for $205 last week. I bought FAL mags at knob creek every time I went for years and still have a pile of them too.

User Tag List