Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: rear night sight question -- one versus two dots

I hate to admit it, but I've been trying to run all black sights here latey, because that's what the "cool kids" are doing these days. It just doesn't work for me after trying the around-the-house test, so I'm going back to tritium. It mights just be that it's what I'm used to, but a three-dot sights picture works very well for me; a two-tone three-dot sight works great for me. While keeping target focus in my house, I can quickly get an adequate sight picture.

The best single-color three-dot sights I've ever used were factory Sig night sights on a P220 that I bought new in 2007. They were bright green tritium with painted white circle around the vials. Much larger and brighter than the circa 2002 Trijicons I had installed on a Glock.

Does anyone know who manufactured these sights, or where I could find something similar?

I prefer 3 dot. Ive got Ameriglo with a green front and yellow rear on my M&P9 FS.

Quote Originally Posted by dnittler View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I've been trying to run all black sights here latey, because that's what the "cool kids" are doing these days. It just doesn't work for me after trying the around-the-house test, so I'm going back to tritium. It mights just be that it's what I'm used to, but a three-dot sights picture works very well for me; a two-tone three-dot sight works great for me. While keeping target focus in my house, I can quickly get an adequate sight picture.

The best single-color three-dot sights I've ever used were factory Sig night sights on a P220 that I bought new in 2007. They were bright green tritium with painted white circle around the vials. Much larger and brighter than the circa 2002 Trijicons I had installed on a Glock.

Does anyone know who manufactured these sights, or where I could find something similar?
    I believe that would be Meprolights, if they're like my Sig (as you seem to be describing).

User Tag List